How many beers do you drink a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many beers do you drink daily

• 1-2

• 3-5

• 6+

Results are only viewable after voting.
AA is for quitters and my momma didn't raise no quitter. in all seriousness though I can go just fine without alcohol. I been here in Iraq since last march and I've been just fine sober. I just really enjoy the taste of beer, the buzz is just a nice side effect.:drunk:

Haha sorry... it's a HBT "meme": linky

Thanks for your service!

I gave up drinking on weekdays for lent. Never have I wanted a homebrew, micro brew.... even BMC on a random Tuesday.

I should have thought of that....I gave it up completely for lent. Maybe because I was in the 3-5 per weeknight range. It was exponentially more than that during college football season, I drowned my sorrows after my Longhorns lost in the BCS game :mad: Oh well, there is always next season and plenty more batches to make...HOOK'EM HORNS!!

I might have 1 on a week night. On the week ends I have no problems drinking as many as I wish but this is hilariously only 2 to 4. I dont like getting drunk to often as I dont like getting to disconnected from my mind.

i'm still young and dumb. a normal week day will see probly about 6 a night and weekends it's a 12 pack or more. i like to grab a beer first thing after waking up. at least it's good microbrew though instead of bmc.

I guess I'm still pretty young too and drink ~3 a day and 5+ on weekends if I am home.

Beer in the morning is great if you have a hangover. Its a tested Russian remedy to hangovers. Try it next time you have a hangover - when you wake up feeling all nasty drink some home brew and you will feel better.

I guess I'm still pretty young too and drink ~3 a day and 5+ on weekends if I am home.

Beer in the morning is great if you have a hangover. Its a tested Russian remedy to hangovers. Try it next time you have a hangover - when you wake up feeling all nasty drink some home brew and you will feel better.

He's right I can testify. Russian people just advocate drinking period though, we love it, and it is part of our culture.

"Do all of your drinking in the morning, and then your schedule will be free for the rest of the day" -Russian Saying:mug:

Only 1 per day

giant_beer_glass.jpg

I only drink at the dropzone. That means no drinking all winter, then Friday and Saturday nights in the summer I'll have 2 beers, 3 tops.

No beers at all during the week - a sixer or so on Friday night. On Saturday I can put down a 12er throughout the day if I am at home doing stuff (drinking). Sunday probably another 6er throughout the day.

I'll have 2 at least 5 times a week and once or twice that will move up to 3. only time i'll past 3 is for events (hanging with friends). Prob only have more than 4 a few times a year.

so yeah, i drink almost every night, but limit my consumption.:mug:

Depends on the day, week, or month.

Sometimes I'll go a couple weeks without just to clear the system. I'll also hold off before we have a get together with out friends, so it's easier to enjoy the side effects during a festive occasion.(There is no driving involved, we get all we need before hand)

Now this week, I'm over my average, but only because I've been doing a heap of beer research for my own brewing. So I've had a couple of 3 beer evenings. Because I had to go retry a few "standards" and retry a couple of styles with a new found knowledge.

Had a couple "recreation" beers just because beer's been on the brain this week. hehe

I have cut the drinking down during the week for health reasons. Weekends I am trying to stay under 6 on Saturday and Sunday. I also though drink pretty high abv brews.

Usually 2 a day. Sometimes 3 (Imperial Pints)

I'll have one with dinner with the exception of Tuesdays and Thursdays (class nights) and one (sometimes 2) before my boy goes to sleep.

Weekends its whatever I feel like.

And the only time I drink before dinner is in the summer when my friend and I go fishing. Then we drink a growler before 9 lol

2-3 at most usually if at all. If i'm at a party, watching a Colts game with friends, or at one of my favorite breweries I'll indulge and drink 4-5 if I have a DD. But that's generally once a month or so.

One thing I will say though is I don't like having JUST one beer. I tend to drink my beers 2 at a time. :D

2-3 at most usually if at all. If i'm at a party, watching a Colts game with friends, or at one of my favorite breweries I'll indulge and drink 4-5 if I have a DD. But that's generally once a month or so.

One thing I will say though is I don't like having JUST one beer. I tend to drink my beers 2 at a time. :D

Absolutely. Good call! :mug:

Bringing this thread out of retirement....sitting here at work enjoying this threat so I will chip in on this conversation haha! I usually drink 2 beers a night, sometimes 3. I just like to come home and get a nice lil buzz of my homebrew, relax and watch some tv :)

Wow, zombie threads!

My beer drinking is regular, but not heavy. I'm pretty consistent with 1 per day, with dinner. Almost never more than that, and some days I don't feel like drinking anything alcoholic. For me, any more than that on a regular basis seems unnecessary. That was my consumption pattern long before I began brewing, as well. I like my beer, but don't feel any urges to drink large quantities to show my appreciation. :)

Incidentally, I'm not fond of the stereotype that home brewers are all heavy drinkers. "Mostly" maybe, but not "all!" My reason for brewing is not that I want more beer, I just want better beer. So far so good!

I've retired now and us old guys can't drink 3 beers and not get up 4 times a night. I often have one for lunch, one before dinner and one during. No more beer after 7 or so or the night will be long.

Wow, another thread revival...

I put 1-2, but it doesn't average that way. During the week I shoot for 1-2, weekends is usually more. I say this because I'm cutting back recently. It used to be 3-5 pints during the weekdays, and probably in the 4-6 range on weekends. I realized that's just too much, so I'm working on keeping it around 2 pints a day, no matter what day it is. Unless, of course, it's a special occasion of some kind :)

For you guys that only have a few beers PER WEEK, it must take you FOREVER to get through a keg, unless you brew small batches...man, that just wouldn't work for me. I don't want my kegs lasting longer than 6-8 weeks. I like to brew as often as I can...

Half a different ipa/pale/stout/porter/hef every night or other night. Me and the wife are either splitting a home brew or something i picked up at the local growler pub. For every new brew we try we put the bottle on the cabinet above the sink. Up to 25+ now. Favorite so far. Wyld from Uinta. oh yea...great stuff.

Back