Current Perlick 575 Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perlick's having some leaking problems now, FYI. They will send a cheaper replacement if you have a leaker.

Perlick's having some leaking problems now, FYI. They will send a cheaper replacement if you have a leaker.

Yuck!

From what I've read here on HBT:
...or just rebuild by replacing the $0.02 O-ring and don't tighten the nut too far. That way you get to keep the superior SS you wanted and paid for.

There must be a problem in the mass produced casting. Some have problems and some don't. Hello China?
I'm just starting to build my 8-tap system and the 525SS/575SS looks like the best faucets out there. Not? Can you talk me out of it?

Yes, I have had leaker problems too. Perlick sent me some replacement parts. That helped.
I also discovered that many leaks are more a deposit (beerstone?) on the interior 'O' ring. Just wipe is off and the problem is solved...until?

By the way, thanks for answering!

I did find a 575 for $36 but they only had one in stock.

Maybe I'll change over to the 525's at Adventures. The creamer feature is not needed, I just wanted them to all look alike.

I have 7 -525's and 1- 575. I really don't like the 575. I guess it technically does what it's supposed to, put a creamy head on the beer. But when other people use that tap, they don't know what it is. and sometimes times it doesn't get turned completely turned off.

You need to have it in a sweet spot to stop it completely. I've had some real messes to clean up due to the 575. Just my opinion though.

^ Yup, I made the point in a nearly identical thread that the 575 "creamer" feature faucet lever would likely be touchy in both directions. This totally confirms that.

The 575 really isn't worth what could be potential aggravation, imo, when one can produce plenty of foam by just cracking a 525 at the end of a pour...

Cheers!

Back