stuck on IPA's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelay

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of IPA's. Love em. Hops are great and I can't get enough of them but I need some ideas on something different to brew. Are Belgian ales difficult? Any partial extract recipes out there? Any other styles in these realms that I don't know about that might spark some interest.

how about trying variation on IPAs? I'm guessing you're doing mostly american IPAs. How about trying a British IPA. They're a bit more balanced but still very good. Or a Belgian IPA. That could be really interesting.

Belgian Pale Ale is an easy style to brew. Or a Belgian Blonde. Wits and Saisons are more difficult, and the high gravity (Trappist) beers even more so. I have a recipe in my dropdown I can convert to PM if you are interested.

I love IPAs and IIPAs, and many other styles too.. ;)

I'm usually stuck on IPAs, too. I try to make every second batch something different, though. Right now I have on tap: a nut brown, a "fizzy yellow beer" for spring/summer, a rye IPA, an American amber ale, and an Irish red. There is an IPA in secondary.

It's fun to make different beers, as long as you make something you like! I try to have a variety of malty and hoppy beers, because occasionally I'll have a hankering for something different.

I dislike fruit and wheat beers, as well as sour beers but there are still plenty of styles to pick from!

Back