So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing a double chocolate stout and a carmel amber ale. :) yaaay! I love brew weekends!!

oh and watching college football! :)

If I can get out to the LBHS a couple of things will happen. Apfelwein and a higher alcohol version of a Mongolian milk drink called ayrag or kumis.

Another installment of Blue Balls Belgian Wit....now my house beer...absolutley phenomenal and I'm trying to clone Red Hooks Winter Hook 2010.

5 gal batch. 78% efficency

8.25 lb 2 Row Pale Malt
1.5 Caramel/Crystal 20
.75 Carvienne
.25 Car-Pils/Dextrine

Mash for 45 minuntes at 158

Hops...and this is my big dilema

60 min .25 oz Cascades (6%)
10 min .50 oz Centennial (10%)
10 min .50 oz Cascade (6%)
10 min .50 oz Northern Brewer (8.5%)
5 min .50 oz Willammette (5.5%)

California Ale Yeast

OG should be 1.060

I've done some research and I know my grain bill is true to form, and I know I'm using the correct hops...however, I'm not sure of the hops additions. I would appreciate any input. Furthermore, I know the IBU's are correct and gravity is right on the money.

My palate isnt terribly sophisticated but I taste alot of bitterness and maltiness with moderate hops aroma...so I've built my planned hops addition around that.

Just stepped my starter up to 3 liters for an American Amber tomorrow. If things go smoothly, like me getting up early enough, i'll even get to finish my fermentation chamber. It feels good to be brewing again after a 5 or so month layoff.

Brewing up a Celebration Ale clone. Did a partial mash one last year but it came out more like a double lol... This year it's all grain and I have a lot better handle on what I'm doing. It should be chillier this weekend perfect brewing weather for a robust beer.

Hello to everybody. I have been reading posts for a while and this forum is great! Now for my first post! Just added my third hop addition to my dfh 90 min ipa while puffing on a nice cigar and drinkin my caramel coffee stout. Thank you again for this site!!!

Hello to everybody. I have been reading posts for a while and this forum is great! Now for my first post! Just added my third hop addition to my dfh 90 min ipa while puffing on a nice cigar and drinkin my caramel coffee stout. Thank you again for this site!!!

Welcome from another New Englander! I've been wanting to do a 90 minute clone sometime. Hopefully yours will turn out well.

I've had a pretty busy brew day. I did my second partial mash today (tweak on a double dead guy), kegged a brown sugar double IPA, and transferred my first partial mash (banana bread dunkel) to secondary. My beloved hurricanes lost to UVA today, so there's been plenty of beer consumed as well as made. But a good brew day overall :mug:

Doing another batch of Edwort's haus pale ale but tweaking the hops with centennial for bittering and leaving cascades for aroma.

Brewing on Halloween. I hope its all Treats and no Tricks.

This is an experimental brew. It is a Smoked Irish Red.

Using 5 pounds of Maris Otter, 3 pounds Smoked, 2 pounds Carared, 2 pounds Light Munich, and a touch of roasted barley. Throwing in about .7oz of Target at 60, .5 oz Kent at 15 and tossing in my Wyeast Irish Ale starter.

Let you know how it goes. Going to try a new method of cooling the wort. I bought a pond pump and am going to pump ice water through the wort chiller in a recirculating manner. In Florida, I have a problem using the garden hose, the water in the hose is about 80-85 degrees.

Happy Halloween.

Brewed 10g ESB, overshot gravity ended up @1.070
Bottled 10g IPA, 2.5g Barleywine (still tastes like jet fuel)

Didn't brew this weekend, but did keg a Tripple and a Pumpkin Spice, then secondaried an Irish Red.

Latest posts

Back