Is There A recipe You Like Better PM or Extract than AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Just like the thread says, is there a recipe that you guys would rather brew extract or pm not because you don't do brew AG, but b/c you like it better than Ag?

I have 3 recipes in my aresenal that no amount of tinkering and conversion from extract w/ grains to all grain has gotten me close to the taste of the original. So when I brew them, I brew them with extract.

Yooper's dead guy clone, my really simple amber ale that tastes dead on like Bell's Amber, and the brown ale in my recipe pulldown, although it doesn't taste "better" as an extract with grains recipe...it tastes to me just as delicious.

You might find this thread intersting as well...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/better-extract-recipe-132651/#post1492560

There a few people on here that go back and forth, but not me. Once I got my mash ton set up for all grain I never looked back. It takes a little longer, but I have time.

Yeah, you know that thread "When did your beer go from good to great?" or whatever it's called? Well, I'd have to say mine did when I went away from pm (extract just has a flavor to me) to AG. I just enjoy making Pm or extract b/c it's so darn easy. I can brew it while watching the game. If yall have some recipe's, post em up please.

Latest posts

Back