Relocate to Albuquerque, NM?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacticacid

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum.

Has anyone here lived in the Albuquerque Area?

Reviews of the town on the internet appear to be pretty poor are they accurate? The biggest concern I have appears to be the schools, I have a daughter in Kindergarten and a 3 year old son. Are there particular areas within say 30-40 minutes of downtown Albuquerque that are better? Would I be forced to enroll my kids in Private School?

The job itself is very attractive it is the town that has me worried.

We would be moving from the suburbs of Philadelphia. The difference in weather/greenness is less of a concern then the schools and/or potential crime.

I highly recommend going there for a couple of days. Whatever the cost is well worth not making a move that far and regretting it. Specifics of the are I know not.

Lemme ask around. I know a childless person who has lived there. But you could check Trulia.com for a bit of info. Zillow also has some statistics, etc.

I have friends there. In town don't expect anything green, it is desert. Also expect large and numerous bugs...not kidding. My friends live outside town in the high desert mountain area...where it can snow at their house and drive into town where its hot hot hot. It also has one of the highest % of crazy person in the US. A visit before moving there is definitely a good idea, it is nothing like philly.

Latest posts

Back