First yeast wash results. How'd i do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenabney

Reaction score
Attached is the result of a yeast wash from a 2.5 gallon dunkel. I followed the instructions from the sticky posted here, pretty close. After settling in the fermenter, and pouring off to the quart jar, I let settle again, then poured off to a pint. That's the first pint on the left. Then I felt I did it wrong, poor the quart back into the fermenter, and repeated the process. That is what the middle pint is. The right quart is what's left over. I feel the yeast is still in the leftovers. What do you all think? I guess I can just use that in my next batch, even though it's not the best result?

image-3240233596.jpg

The middle one looks good. The quart you can see the line between the yeast and the trub. It looks like there is enough in there for another pint. Just swirl it up, wait ~20 min. and pour off.

Well done.
You might want to re-wash that jar on the right (if there is a layer of trub on the bottom).

Back