Separated Shoulder - 7 days to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatmarmot

Reaction score
I separated my shoulder (complete separation) so I can't bottle (or even budge the 5 gal secondary) of my Young's Irish stout clone. Recipe calls for bottling at approx. 4 weeks. I assume it's no problem leaving my brew in the glass 5 gal. secondary another month. Is that correct. The recipe also call for 8 weeks in the bottle. Unfortunately, I have no home brew friends locally to call on and explaining and getting a friend to sanitize and bottle properly seems like too much of a hassle.

Thanks all.

Young's Oatmeal Stout

8 oz flaked oats - toasted
8 0z British chocolate malt
8 oz torrified what
6 oz British 55L Crystal Malt
4 oz Brit roasted barley
5,5 lbs extra light dme
4 oz Brown sugar
1.5 oz Fuggles @4.7%AA
1/4 oz East Kent Golding (flavor hop)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Safale SO4 yeast at 70 degrees

I had a blonde ale ready to be bottled when my son was born -5 weeks early. I didn't get around to bottling it for at least a month after that. It tasted great. Don't worry. It'll be there when you're ready.

It will be fine in primary for an extra month. If you had to bottle, check to see if there is a local homebrew club where a member might help out. Of course, you would need to return the favor in beer or future bottling work.

I thought I was the OP and forgot I posted until I saw Youngs Irish Stout. My shoulder injury, the Saturday before Christmas, trying to lift a fermenter full of Big Honkin Stout to high. Not in the same physical shape I was last year. My wife helped bottle an Amber Ale yesterday. Will help with the stout when it is ready next week.

Back