Socket Weld help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbowenz

Reaction score
I bought about a dozen 3 piece SS valves a while back on ebay, not paying attention, I realized they were socket/butt weld ends instead of threaded. These are 3/4" , does someone make a 3/4" socket weld x 1/2" threaded reducer,as most of my flow piping in 1/2" . I have searched without finding a whole lot of options but I have to believe they exsist.

Any ideas ?

Hey! In that link if you scroll down a little there's a little armed robot marking a gold tag. That's my company's marker! Thats soo cool to see it randomly on a website. Go TMP6100!! You're famous now

You might have a hard time finding a 3/4" socket weld to 1/2" npt adapeter, but you could get a 3/4" socket weld to 3/4" npt adapter and then use a reducing nipple to get you to 1/2".

Here's a 3/4" socket weld x 3/4" npt from McMaster Carr:
Female

Male

Here's a 3/4" npt to 1/2" npt reducer:
Female

Those prices from McMaster might not be the cheapest around, but it gives you an idea of what you might need.

Sounds good... give them a call and ask for a shipping quote. Haha.

I'm thinking it's obvious but just making sure... you know that you'll have to have any adapters welded in right?

Wow, thanks guys

I see a couple of good ideas here in your replies. A 1/2' coupling is 1/16" too large for the ID of these valves, St Pats...I had trouble with them too in the past , I aint going down that road. BFO is an awesome place, matter of fact I buy all my stuff there now, and would HIGHLY reccomend them to everyone. I do weld, and stainless is in the wheelhouse for me, I am not a sanitary welder, but these are pre-fermentation valves so just water-tight and I should be good. I believe I paid like $60 delivered or something crazy like that for 12 of these Apollo WOG 1000 316 SS, so even if I go with some additional couplings , I will have saved a bunch. ----I think..... I just weld the sumbich

Thanks for ALL you help !

Wow, thanks guys

I see a couple of good ideas here in your replies. A 1/2' coupling is 1/16" too large for the ID of these valves, St Pats...I had trouble with them too in the past , I aint going down that road. BFO is an awesome place, matter of fact I buy all my stuff there now, and would HIGHLY reccomend them to everyone. I do weld, and stainless is in the wheelhouse for me, I am not a sanitary welder, but these are pre-fermentation valves so just water-tight and I should be good. I believe I paid like $60 delivered or something crazy like that for 12 of these Apollo WOG 1000 316 SS, so even if I go with some additional couplings , I will have saved a bunch. ----I think..... I just weld the sumbich

Thanks for ALL you help !

Well I'll be a sumbich.

Back