yeast is still good right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Heres the deal. My recipe from Ahbs arrived on Tuesday, but I left town on Monday to see family. I asked my friend who lives in the same apartment complex to pick up the box's and put my liquid yeast in the fridge. Well for some reason he didnt think it would be in the apartment office and it would be in my mailbox. I didnt give him keys to my mailbox since the ups man doesnt leave notices. So my friend didnt pick up the box's and now the yeast has been in the box's since Monday. It has an ice pack though.

Is my yeast still good to use?

You're in TX, right? So maximum transit time is probably 1 day and here it is 4 days later since it left AHS. I've ordered yeast from AHS before and it takes a week to get here and they've all been good, so your yeast is still good.

You're in TX, right? So maximum transit time is probably 1 day and here it is 4 days later since it left AHS. I've ordered yeast from AHS before and it takes a week to get here and they've all been good, so your yeast is still good.

thanks!!!!

Back