Flushing Carboys/Bottles with Corny Keg Charger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joetothemo

Reaction score
I don't keg and I am not interested in doing so right now due to the startup cost.

However, I am looking to reduce the amount O2 that comes in contact with my beer...in particular, my IPAs and big Red Ales.

Have any of you used the so called "Corny Keg Charger" or "CO2 air duster" for purging bottles and Carboys with CO2? Any feedback you are willing to share?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NV9CE6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I purge my carboys with CO2 before transferring (if I'm using a secondary). I like the results. If your bottling though, I'm not sure I'd purge my bottles. I've always been under the impression that the yeasties use the head space Oxygen to carbonate the brew. Although, I'd assume there would be enough residual in the beer to accomplish that. Anyway, for the carboys it definitely couldn't' hurt.

Hey joe, I'm thinking of getting exactly this item for exactly this reason... did you try it? Any success?

Back