Transporting my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbear219

Reaction score
I've got a camping trip planned in a few weeks. By then I should have a couple batches that will be ready to drink. Normally, when going camping, you throw a bunch of beer in the cooler, haul it off and you're ready to go.

How do you guys transport your bottled brew in situations like this? If we just throw them in the cooler, they're going to get all shook up and disturb all the sediment on the bottom. Do I bring them in a box and place them in the cooler once we're on site? If so, we might need a commercial 12 pack to hold us over until they cool down :p

I would recommend just that. Get commercial beer for the first day/night and put the HB in the cooler when you get their so they can settle over night. I rarely took HB with me places with a fridge when I bottled. Taking a keg is so much easier :D

Right on, thank ya. I'll try to chill them in the fridge before we go and then pack them upright in some kind of cooler pack so that they'll still be semi-cold when we get there and can start putting them back sooner than later :mug:

My solution was to just brew a Hefeweizen for the trip. If it gets shaken up, no big deal :tank:

Good Idea! If I brew specifically for a camping/hiking/etc trip, they all get bottled in soda bottles. The plastic cools quicker if you toss them in a stream and they are light to lug around!

Back