Racking to a Tertiary for a Fruit Wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishkabibble

Reaction score
I just brewed a simple 5G wheat, let it ferment for a week in a primary, traveling from a 1034 to a 1000.

Next I racked it into two secondaries--one with pasteurized raspberries and the other with mangoes. Now that sugar has been reintroduced I have a coupla righteous heads of krauzen going.

The Questions:
Will I need to rack those babies into third receptacles to clear before bottling, or just bottle right off the fruity secondaries?

Also, how the bloop do I figure an ABV with the gravities all over the place? (Just not worry about it and have a beer?)

I think your fine either way...

Recently i did a Strawberry blonde that was supposed to be clear, but i didnt put into tertiary after strawberry's, i just put it straight into a keg WITH gelatin. Cloudiest beer i've ever made, to this day i have no idea what is happening..im guessing chill haze...even now well over a month at 40F in the keezer its cloudy as hell.

Back