Oktoberfest Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrawn

Reaction score
well i brewed up an oktoberfest yesterday, and low and behold the lager yeast i bought (at least thought i bought) waas nowhere to be found. the LHBS was closed so i figured better to pitch something than risk infection, so i pitched some wyeast 1056. I still intend to lager it, but how do you all think this will turn out? How much will the ale yeast change things?

Well it won't be as "crisp" as a real OFest, but with a good recipe it will be delicious. Tons of folks on this board have had success with Mocktoberfests using clean ale yeast (1056 is prob one of the better choices for an ale version of OFest).

ghpeel said:
Well it won't be as "crisp" as a real OFest, but with a good recipe it will be delicious. Tons of folks on this board have had success with Mocktoberfests using clean ale yeast (1056 is prob one of the better choices for an ale version of OFest).

Ok i thought it would be fine, but had never heard of a "mocktoberfest" but this was my first decoction brew and with a near 3 hour mash it had better be good.

Back