Keezer Collar Weatherstrip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I have done a tremendous amount of searching and looking at other's keezer plans, but still not sure the answer to this.
I built a 7 1/2 tall collar using cut-down 2x10 lumber on top of a Kenmore 5.1 chest freezer. I attached the collar to the freezer with silicone, filled all joints and insulated with 1-inch foam.
Where the freezer lid/gasket coses onto the wood collar, do I need to cap the wood with anything or use any additional gasketing/weatherstripping, or is the freezer gasket to wood connection sufficient?
Thanks, i will share pics when it is completed.

I wasn't sure about this so I went ahead and added a piece of pipe insulation tape. It is very sticky and its about an 1/8th of an inch think. It seems to be working well.. Got it at HD in the air ducting section..

I used the duck weatherstrip seal that you can get in the weatherproofing section of walmart. I'm currently building my keezer so I haven't tested it yet but it seems perfect.

Latest posts

Back