2 questions about my bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonteiro

Reaction score
i have an american wheat ale that i bottled exactly 2 weeks ago, there arn't any bubbles in the bottle, i used conditioning tablets, could this mean its under carbonated?

question 2... since its been 2 weeks, am i in the clear from bottle bombs?

Have you opened a bottle? It's been my experience that the bottle will look flat until opened.

4 tablets per bottle, it said 4 if you want medium carbonation, and 5 for high. its stored at around 65 degrees. i dont have a thermometer in my basement but its a colder room. and i haven't opened a bottle yet.

i have an american wheat ale that i bottled exactly 2 weeks ago, there arn't any bubbles in the bottle,

This is ALL we needed to know....

Walk away from your beers for AT LEAST another week.

The 3 weeks at 70 degrees, that we recommend is the minimum time it takes for average gravity beers to carbonate and condition. Higher grav beers take longer.

Stouts and porters have taken me between 6 and 8 weeks to carb up..I have a 1.090 Belgian strong that took three months to carb up.

And just because a beer is carbed doesn't mean it still doesn't taste like a$$ and need more time for the off flavors to condition out.

Everything you need to know about carbing and conditioning, can be found here Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning. With emphasis on the word, "patience." ;)

Latest posts

Back