Who drinks beer everyday ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
Just wondering who here comes home after work and has a brew everyday or evening ? My fiance tells me thats its not good to have a brew everyday and that I drink to much because I have one or two with dinner or after dinner. Yes she may be right that its not good after dinner but before dinner or with dinner in my opinion is not that bad. Now if your drinking 6-10 beers every night that may not be that good for you but I have read 1-2 is not that bad. I try not to drink every night for that matter and I am also trying to have 1-2 beers every other night.

Help me out here so I can keep her quiet...:mug:

I try to have atleast one every night. Nothing wrong with it and studies have shown that a little beer or wine every day or every other day is good for you. At the very least it is better for you than drinking a bunch of teeth rotting sodas everyday.

I am at the 1-3 range every week-night. +1 on the health. I don't drink soda or generally anything other than coffee, beer, and juice/water. I am positive this is WAY healthier than people who drink soda. Beer is good for you, plain and simple. I just had my liver checked and it is in way better shape than most people. I think I was placed in the 90th percentile for liver and kidney health. So answer that with the your drinking is bad for you. :mug:

It is a touchy subject though. People who come from homes where alcohol was abused or homes where alcohol was treated as evil have a natural aversion to it. Even if they drink on weekends it is not normal to just have a beer just because. Try to help her get over this view point by pointing out how healthy it is and how when enjoyed responsibly is not something to be looked at as a bad thing. I drink beer at all times of the day on weekends, because I would rather have a beer than another beverage.

At the same time, I don't go get plowed very often so I have a strong argument about my responsible drinking.

I TRY to drink some every night....that **** isn't going to drink itself ya know!

And as far as her telling you what is or isn't good for you...keep in mind that her heart is in the right place...but her head may not be. Even with studies that prove that a moderate amount of alcohol can be good for you, no doctor in his right mind will admit it, because then when you end up a lush, you sue the Dr. for telling you it's ok.

Help me out here so I can keep her quiet...

I don't think that's possible, or at least not in my experience! :D

As far as the drinking, well how much really depends on each person's body. If you're getting a decent buzz every night, well that might not be that great, not so much because it may be unhealthy, but the SWMBO might perceive it as unhealthy. If it's all the same to you, dial it down just a tad to make her happy and tell her it's no biggie and you're happy to do it if it makes her happier. If it is a big deal to you dial it back... well you know.
[\2¢]

I don't think that's possible, or at least not in my experience! :D

As far as the drinking, well how much really depends on each person's body. If you're getting a decent buzz every night, well that might not be that great, not so much because it may be unhealthy, but the SWMBO might perceive it as unhealthy. If it's all the same to you, dial it down just a tad to make her happy and tell her it's no biggie and you're happy to do it if it makes her happier. If it is a big deal to you dial it back... well you know.
[\2¢]

VERY good point. If you are feeling the effects of alcohol every night... it is time to take a step back and take a look at your lifestyle, even if you are only having 1 a night. Beer is just another beverage for me, I grew up with alcohol in the house and a healthy relationship with it. I have a few beers and don't feel any effects other than how delicious it is. Drink responsibly and everything is fine.

I think it also depends on your overall lifestyle and diet.

If you're drinking beer everynight and also eating a crap diet, it's probably not the best idea - but I know a lot of heavy beer drinkers that also eat very well and get a lot of exercise and they're probably healthier than most "non-drinker couch potato, McDonald's-eating, coke-drinking slobs."

I have something alcoholic most nights. Typically beer. Sometimes it'll be wine, or scotch in the cool weather, or a gin based mixed drink in summer

I don't drink every day, but I used to. I probably drink 4-5 nights each week, with a pretty good throw down on Friday and/or Saturday night :mug:. During the week, I'll have a beer with dinner, plus one before if I'm grillin'! I can't fire up the grill and NOT have a beer in hand...and if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Ya see I guess ive been with her for so long that she use to see the way I drank in college.
She understands my love for beer but still thinks I like beer because it gets me drunk. I love beer with a passion like all of you. I got over drinking beer to get drunk many years ago.

There was a thread a week or so back regarding a similar toping about how small doses of alcohol on a daily basis can improve cognitive longevity and overall lifespan. Ill usually have a beer or two each night after I finish my work...and sometimes that isnt until 1 AM so it just helps me sleep!

I choose: pint or junk food of the day. 95% of the time I'll go with a pint or two. If I want to eat cookies or cake or ice cream, it means no beer for me that day. I get plenty of exercise and try to eat mostly healthy food (except for my pizza addiction which MUST be fed!).

I have 3 faucets and 4 more picnic tapped (variety is great!). I usually have 2-3 glasses a night. However, I use an 8 ounce glass and not always filled. So maybe 16 ounces per night average. Some days none, some days quite a bit more. ;)

If I have beer in the house I will have 2-3 while watching a movie. I often avoid having beer in the house midweek so I'm not tempted. Homebrewing was a great hobby idea huh? :mug:

I usually have 1-2 a night, occasionally 3-4 on the weekends. I figure I rarely get drunk, so a couple isn't going to hurt me. I eat healthy and don't drink soda or eat much junk food for the most part.

Studies have shown that 1-2 12 oz. pints/day is beneficial for a lot of things. But besides that, if you enjoy it and are not drinking to get buzzed/drunk, then more power to ya!

Lest I am ill, I feel as if something is missing if I don't pull at least a pint at supper. On the odd occasion that I don't pull a pint, my wife comments "Not having a beer at dinner? Are you not feeling well?"

But then, I think the only reason the wife tolerates my obsession is because she has learned over time that while I am obsessive about beer, I don't do druck. Or atleast it is a very rare occasion when I do get/go there.

I usually have 1 at the table and then another after the chores are done and the house has gone to sleep.

Most nights I have a beer. Sometimes 2. On the weekend it might be 3.
There are a number of studies that show moderate amounts of alcohol are good for you, though binge drinking is not good, neither is drinking 3+ a day.
Seems up to 1 a day is beneficial, up to 2 a day is not harmful, and more is where the health problems out weigh the benefits.

Craig

I try to stick to 1-2 a day sometimes I dont even have one because I work 7p-7a.
Weekends are different, im trying to only have a few on the weekends.

Ditto for 1-2 per night. That's 12 oz bottles, mind you.

I drink more when I'm in a writing project, but I usually sip on whiskey when I write.

November is going to be a slosher!

I am a 1-3/night kind of person, some nights none, some nights (fridays usually) can top 10, but not all the time.

1-2 drinks a night is good for heart health, I eat healthy, exercise a lot, and love beer. I live in Boulder, all of those things are par for the course.

Don't let this fool ya! She curses, she fights, and she spits! (Hockey player ya know!)

Since when are cursing, fighting and spittin' vices? ;)

One other point- I don't drink to get drunk. I just love my beer!

I can handle 3 pints a day, easy, without any bad effects. I think it goes back to diet- I don't drink soda at all. Never. I don't drink hard liquor. I don't eat junk food, or packaged food. I feel like I can "afford" the beer calories, since I work out and burn alot of it off. I'm in great shape, and hopefully will be getting in better shape now that hockey is starting.

I have a beer every day. The wife actually will remind me. In addition to helping the heart, other health benefits, etc... Having a beer will calm me down.

I only have more than one if I am hanging out with friends or family. These days I try to stop at 3, but every once in awhile.... Heh.

I have a beer every day. The wife actually will remind me. In addition to helping the heart, other health benefits, etc... Having a beer will calm me down.

I only have more than one if I am hanging out with friends or family. These days I try to stop at 3, but every once in awhile.... Heh.

Heh....its not always a bad thing on a Saturday night with Friends

I have a 2-3 every day. Some days I get carried away. ;) I would be more worried if I ate at McDonalds twice a week.....or ever!

i drink beer every day. some days i fast and just drink beer... if it is good enough for cloistered monks, it's good enough for me.

Back