Guinness Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irelandgarry

Reaction score
Is ti normal for fermenting to go for 2 day and stop first 2 days bubbling like crazy then no bubbling on 3 day little confused as it has to ho for 2 weeks before racking.

Ignore the bubbling, check your gravity with a hydrometer, that is the only TRUE way to know when something is done fermenting. Let it go for 7 - 10 days, then check the gravity, if it's around the final gravity it is supposed to be, let it go for another day, check it again, if it's the same, then it's probably done.

When I started brewing I took gravity readings pretty much every day. Then I calmed down. Now I brew and bottle every 4 weeks. Take OG and FG readings to satisfy my curiosity, but it does not inform my brew schedule. Never had a bztch fail to attenuate, and never had a beer bottle bomb.

william_shakes_beer said:
When I started brewing I took gravity readings pretty much every day. Then I calmed down. Now I brew and bottle every 4 weeks. Take OG and FG readings to satisfy my curiosity, but it does not inform my brew schedule. Never had a bztch fail to attenuate, and never had a beer bottle bomb.

Hmm I was the opposite. When I started I didn't take readings at all. Primary for 10-12 days then secondary for 3 weeks...

Latest posts

Back