Drunken Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
So a week ago I was drunk and offered to brew a batch for barter. Here's the winner:

--------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow craigslister!!

How do you do on this fine afternoon? My name is Diane XXXXX (for now at least, I am getting married in six weeks!!) The wedding planning has been crazy, I am just looking forward to getting it over with. In any case, I am running low on funds, so I am exploring alternative options for drink packages. When I stumbled upon your ad, I thought you and I could really help each other out. So here is the deal. I need a keg of beer for my reception. It's going to be a pretty classy affair, so I was hoping to get a barrel of my fiance's favorite beer, Milwaukees Best. After pricing it out at a few different locations around town, I have come to the realization that it will not fit within our budget. My question for you is this: Could you brew me a keg of beer that is exactly like Milwaukees Best? It would need to fool all the guests into thinking they were really drinking Milwaukees Best (I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the in laws). Let me know if this is even possible, and how much you would charge.

Thank you, have a wonderful afternoon

Diane XXXXXX, aka Simply the Best. (aka Little Miss Sunshine).

Pick up two cases of the swill for 15 bucks, pour into a purged corny, charge with CO2 and you are golden.

So what will you charge for your efforts.

Six weeks to perfect a batch of American light lager...you better get cracking!

As I recall, you brew 5-10 gallon batches, and you're gonna need to get her 15.5 gallons of Beast Clone. Might I suggest making about 35 gallons, 5 gallons at a time, each with a subtle variation? Then you take 3 of the closest matches and blend them into one Sanke.

Got a filter setup? That'll help speed the process and get you the perfect clarity you'll need.

The only way to save money on the Beast is to whore for the Beast. Yeah, I'll buy her two kegs, for EF and EF 2 Mouth.

Little Miss Sunshine, huh? Getting the two of you together would be like pouring boiling wort in a cold carboy.

So she's after a whole barrel. Do you know how many bottles of homebrew you'll have to drink to fill up a barrel of Cheesy goodness? You better get started.

rdwj said:
WTF is her budget that she can't afford a keg of Milwaukee's Best?

Yeah! It should cost about 70 bucks at the most unless your state is like PA and has an 81% tax rate on alcohol.

If she can't handle 70 for a keg of beer, then what will she use for payment the day before she is married.

Sadly enough, I think it's gonna be hard as hell to make a beer that crappy. You oughta just make a bunch of Haus Pale Ale and call it even....forget lagering! Also, isn't there gonna be some cost in getting the sanke?

You should make a 5 gallon batch of Kolsh, then top up with 10 gallons of water and call it good. Do I have to do ALL the thinking around here?

eviltwinofjoni said:
You should make a 5 gallon batch of Kolsh, then top up with 10 gallons of water and call it good. Do I have to do ALL the thinking around here?

I think you're on to something here....... and yes, please think for me; I have beer to drink:)

Cheesefood said:
Do I look stupid enough t mess everythin up by telling me wife?

Well, if your last avatar was actually you-I'd have to say yes.
Current avatar-I'd have to say probably.

btw what is that a costume of anyway (current av)?

Cheesefood said:
Do I look stupid enough t mess everythin up by telling me wife?

You were stupid enough to pass out drunk with a dirty-chat session with an ex-g/f still on the screen... :D

BTW - "EF to mouth" - LOL!

Wait...is that craigslist listing actually Cheese's? WTF? Why would you offer 5 gals for a dollar, dude? Or is this some kind of nefarious backdoor plan to score some EF? "Interesting trades considered", as Kramer says?

This whole thing is very odd.

Evan! said:
Wait...is that craigslist listing actually Cheese's? WTF? Why would you offer 5 gals for a dollar, dude? Or is this some kind of nefarious backdoor plan to score some EF? "Interesting trades considered", as Kramer says?

This whole thing is very odd.

It's in the barter section. Cheese brews the beer, Little Miss Sunshine gives him some EF.

Back