Pin lock vs ball lock size (ordering tomorrow)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMista

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I plan on ordering parts for a 4 keg system tomorrow. I plan on creating a nice chest freezer keezer. Initially I was planning on just getting 4 pin lock style kegs, because I can get them for $25 cheaper each, but now that I think about it, when I look at pictures it seems like chest freezers can fit 4 kegs tightly. Does anyone know if there are models out there that will fit 4 pin lock style kegs easily? It would also be great if I could fit a 5 or 10 pound CO2 tank as well as a 28 cubic feet nitro tank inside, but that may be asking too much.

That's a LOT of stuff for a chest freezer. You're not talking about a $160 7 cubic foot Lowes special ;)

Ball lock kegs are 8.5" round and 25" tall
Pin lock kegs are 9" round and 21" tall.
I don't know the diameter of your gas tanks, so you'll have to figure that out.

Cut out some cardboard discs - (4) 9", (4) 8.5", and one each for your Co2 and Nitrogen tanks.

Take them to Sears, Lowes, Best Buy, etc. and actually place them in the freezers. This is the only way you'll know for sure that your planned system will work.

Remember too, that you can keep the gas cylinders outside of the freezer, gaining you a little more room (Or allowing you to buy a smaller, cheaper freezer)

Back