HBT Official Memorable Quotes Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't/won't comment on babalu's financial situation, it's not my place to do so but i think one thing that everyone on this board should take away from this situation is that life is precarious. Take whatever steps you need to take to protect your family in case you are not there to protect them yourself. Disability insurance for a year costs about the same as a few batches of beer. Make the right choice.

Ptn

ptn

What you smell is fear! Fear that there is something wrong with that beer. Do something to take you mind off things and leave it alone. I hear knitting is very relaxing. Take up your needles and let your mind go blank.

Haha that one was directed towards me. I definitely had a good laugh with my buddies.

I drank from the fermenter by just putting a glass under the tap and pouring it. Of note, I mostly drank it in the form of Radler (mixed with coke)...

And please don't come here saying to quit or it's illegal or whatever...I know exactly what I'm doing...

The times I've been to Germany, I've always heard that Beer and Coke beverage coined "Kinder Bier" or Children's Beer. I'm just sayin';)

Ahhh...what a wonderful thread this was...
Turned out he was 18 (for those that missed it)

Best brewing advice I have ever seen on here.

all you are doing is boiling sugar water with flowers thrown in halfway through. while people like to make this out to be rocket science, it really doesn't have to be, unless you want it to be. they didn't have stainless steel 500 or 1000 or 2000 years ago and they still made great beer (probably, not that i'd actually know).

:mug:

As good as **** talkin gets, courtesy of the Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread...

philrose--This thread is the main way I know if the pats are at home, cape, bird et al seem too busy to endlessly boast. Tailgating or something boys?

ChshreCat--Too busy manning the locker room glory holes at Gillette. ;)

edit: Oops, that might have offended them. Ya know... using the word "Manning"... Brady fans can be sensitive about that.

I am pretty new here and to home brewing, but from everything I have read on the internet what follows is my understanding (Because if it's on the internet it has to be true):

Glass Carboys:

Pros according to those who use them:

- Blessed by the Gods of Olympus as the only vessel that is capable of fermenting the superior beers that only a home brewer can appreciate the subtle flavors of (like angel farts, unicorn drool and victoria's secret model sweat)

- Superior in every way (including the complex you develop that allows you to laud it over the heads of those in your homebrew club who still use plastic buckets and "Butter Bottles")

Cons according those who have never used them:

- Forged at the base of Mt. Doom by Orcs and Dragons using the bones of babies and the blood of nuns

- Each one comes with a time delay self destruct device that is guaranteed to explode during any of the following situations:
1) Moving from car to home
2) Temperature Variations from hot to cold, or cold to hot, or tepid to
lukewarm
3) Pouring Wort in, racking wort out, brewing near carboy, thinking about
brewing near carboy, thinking about buying glass carboy

Plastic Buckets:

Pros according to those who use them:

- Hand Crafted by the delicate hands of blind and deaf virgin women who are the offspring of the 1986 Swedish Bikini team and Fabio

- Inexpensive, easy to come by, and rated 5 Stars by the National Highway Safety Administration in both frontal and side impact collisions.

- So safe and airtight that the next space mission will be using them instead of Specially designed cargo containers

- So safe that Parenting Magazine has recommended that new parents seal their newborns in them for the first 18 Months of life (secondary optional after the first 6 months) *warning this method will produce a lot of trub

Cons by those who are far too superior to use them:

- Manufactured by cult members in W. Virginia from a combination of cow dung and botulism
- If scratched, demons from another dimension are released from the scratches and they can never be sealed and will forever haunt your beer and those who drink it. The only cure is to repent and pray at the alter of super heated and blown silicon...
- Contain wormholes that magically transport Oxygen molecules from Los Angeles into your beer

Better Bottles:

Pros by those who have been blessed with an opportunity to use them:

- Created by a distant and superiorly intelligent Alien race from materials that are far more advanced than mere mortals should be allowed to use.

- Lighter than a feather, faster than a speeding CO2 bubble, able to withstand falls from a 12 story building without so much as scratch on it or any bystanders who happen to be blessed by it hitting them in the head.

Cons by those who will never use them because they sound too good to be true like unicorns, leprechauns and regular bowel movements:

- Made as a byproduct of a pact with the devil that MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice made to launch their strangely successful (albeit short lived) careers.

- It's mother was a hamster and it's father smelt of elderberries

- Will melt in the face of sheer determination and wort hotter than room temperature

- Will become brittle and explode into a million pieces if you use any sanitizer in it for more than 5 seconds

:D:rockin::ban::mug::tank::fro::cross::rockin::D

Originally Posted by Revvy
(boy I hope my weenus goes back to it's original size and shape, it's looking a little.......little actually and misshapen)

will be even better when he's out of the hospital....

Back