Maple Cubes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endorphines

Reaction score
Hi there. My question here is, can you put maple cubes in your secondary like you would oak? I'm doing a breakfast stout, and last time I added some maple syrup to the primary. this time i was going to put oak cube in too, and add more maple syrup because the maple got totally overpowered by all the other flavours. Problem is that I wayyy overshot my OG and I don't want to add any more sugar to this batch.
So can i do this? and would i do it just like i would oak? or is there anything special to consider?

I've wanted to do a maple stout for a while, but it's still on my to-do list. I was thinking of getting a maple plank meant for BBQ'ing, cutting it up into cubes, and throwing them in the oven up to about a medium toast. After that, I would think you could just use them as if they were just oak cubes.

I must admit that I wasn't familiar with maple cubes. I had to do a quick Google search; thanks, endorphines, for introducing me to them!

In answer to your question: aren't maple cubes just highly non-dissolvable maple syrup? I imagine it would have to impart some small level of sugars, but from what I've read online, it appears it couldn't add too much sugar as these things don't seem to be able to dissolve in even boiling water.

Latest posts

Back