Attn: Northern Illinois Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, good - was going to PM both of you guys to make sure we're still on!

I'll be there at 6:30 or so I guess, but I'm flexible.

My new Brother-in-law is going to join us later - about 7:30 or so. He's new to the area and likes good beer, so I have high hopes for him.

Cheese, you going to make reservations or is the bar the plan?

EDIT:

Here is a pic of me

I think I've seen enough pictures of both of you to know what you look like, but I don't think I know your actual names - mine is Rod

Mine is Mark.

I just found out that I will be able to get there earlier than expected - ~5:30-5:45pm, but that my buddy can't make it. So, it will just be me & Kelly.

I plan to bring 3-4 homebrews to exchange.

Ok, 5:30-5:45 it is!

I JUST ordered my beer gun. I'll have a couple to share next time around

Someone better bring a digital camera, because you folks all actually getting together - I'll believe it when I see it... :D

J/k, sounds like fun....

the_bird said:
Someone better bring a digital camera...
Not to worry, I'll have mine!

BTW, Cheese - picked up my three corny kegs last night and they look good. Nice guy selling them, too.

See y'all tonight!

Good to know. I'm picking up my 3 today if it works for him.

All I have to offer is the 80/- that I'm not very fond of. I'l bring some and you're welcome to take it or leave it.

See you guys at 5:30-5:45ish. BTW, the whole place is non-smoking. Don't know if that's a concern to either of you.

Cheesefood said:
... All I have to offer is the 80/- ...
Cool; I love Scotch Ales!

Cheesefood said:
... the whole place is non-smoking...
I saw that and it's cool with me - I don't smoke. The Great Dane in Madison, WI is the same way. It was nice to wake up in the morning not smelling of cigarettes!

I've got four beers I'm bringing. I'm not saying they're my best - they're just what I have available!:) Okay, the Imperial Stout, I like a lot!

Looks like I'll be flying solo tonight too. My brother-in-law has been blowing chunks all day.

...I felt bad for him until I realized chunks was his dog.
<rim shot>

I'm a non-smoker too - so that's great by me. See ya later tonight!

rdwj said:
Looks like I'll be flying solo tonight too. My brother-in-law has been blowing chunks all day.

...I felt bad for him until I realized chunks was his dog.
<rim shot>

I'm a non-smoker too - so that's great by me. See ya later tonight!

Any chance you can bring some apfelwine? I'd love to try some. Even if it's just in a cleaned-out soda bottle.

Cheesefood said:
Any chance you can bring some apfelwine? I'd love to try some. Even if it's just in a cleaned-out soda bottle.

Sure, let me see what I can do. I think I have a couple of seltzer water screw tops that I can use. In another week, when I get my Beer gun, this is going to be much easier.

rdwj said:
Sure, let me see what I can do. I think I have a couple of seltzer water screw tops that I can use. In another week, when I get my Beer gun, this is going to be much easier.

Don't worry about it if it's a problem. I was thinking that a plastic coke bottle might work, since I'll be drinking it tonight.

On a side note, I finally broke into my keg of Mapfelwein. It's pretty friggin' tasty.

Cheesefood said:

If I'd know you hadn't tried it yet, I would have put a bottle in your x-mas package.

the_bird said:
If I'd know you hadn't tried it yet, I would have put a bottle in your x-mas package.

Don't worry about it. I really like the two beers I've drank so far (Pale Ale and Double Brown)

:rockin: Yes, we had a great time! Great food and lots of (maybe too much!) good beer. I agree; we definitely need to do this again!

I'll post the pictures Saturday, as I'm going out to drink again tonight!

rdwj said:
Big fun had by all. I'm a tad drunk, but I'm hoping we agree to get together again!!!

Yeah, those last two probably weren't necessary. I made it home safely, but didn't last long once I got home.

That was fun though. Never been in a restaurant and gotten the "Get the hell out" music.

Funny, I was oblivious to the fact that they were trying to get us out of there - lol. I didn't think it was that late.

Cheesefood said:
And now...some good news!...
Man, that is a good price. I'm tempted, but I already have three 5 gal., two 6 gal. and one 6-1/2 gal. carboy, not to mention three cornys!

Here's the actual evidence that we did meet!

705-HBT03.jpg

From left to right: My assistant brewer, Kelly, me, rdwj and Cheesefood

BTW, Kelly and I are drinking your 80/-, Cheese. We both really like it! More of an amber with some hop flavor than a true Scottish ale, but still very drinkable! We'll be going through the bottles you gave us pretty quickly! So, your loss is our gain!:mug:

Rhoobarb said:
BTW, Kelly and I are drinking your 80/-, Cheese. We both really like it! More of an amber with some hop flavor than a true Scottish ale, but still very drinkable! We'll be going through the bottles you gave us pretty quickly! So, your loss is our gain!:mug:

Good, glad you liked it. So it's not horrible, it's just that I don't like scotch ales.

That picture turned out pretty decent! I haven't had a chance to sample any of the beers from you guys yet, but I'll probably get to a couple tonight

I'd be game, depending upon when. I'm kinda SOL the next three weekends, but might be able to squeeze in some time. This moving business blows!

I'm going through serious brewing withdrawals, as all my stuff is in storage until I move on the 23rd of this month. But I have plenty of grain, hops and a few different yeast strains on hand. I'd pitch in as a 'volunteer' on someone's set-up if anyone wanted to split a batch or do a 10 gal brew!:D Maybe Brewpastor's 8-8-8 RIS?

I would be interested in hooking up if I am around. Let me know when. Ed, keep me updated since I am kind of a slacker over here. :(

And for any of you folks that want to drive to Milwaukee this weekend, I will be hosting a Packers party for the noon game and then once that is over the Bears are playing so we can make it a Bears party. My wife is Chicago native (few blocks out of Wrigleyville) so she would love to see some support for the bears show up.

email me at
mabg(nospam)@free90free.com
if you are interested.

just remove the no spam.

Jason

FROM GERMANY_______________________
Just Tapped! Spaten Munich Lager (Original Munich Helles Lager - 5.2%)
Just Tapped! Ettaler Kloster Dunkel (Abbey-Brewed Bavarian Black Beer - 5.0%)

Ayinger Brau-Weisse (Premuim Unfiltered Bavarian Wheat Ale - 5.1%)

Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier (Unfiltered Wheat Ale - 5.0%)
Reissdorf Kolsch
(Light North German Ale - 4.8%)

Spaten Optimator Doppelbock (Bavarian Dopplebock - 7.2%)
Bitburger Premium Pils (North German Pils - 4.8%)FROM AUSTRIA_______________________
Final Days! Eggenberg Urbock 23 (Extra-Strong Blond Austrian Lager - 9.6%)

FROM BELGIUM_______________________
Delirium Tremens (Belgian Strong Pale Ale - 9.0%)
Kasteel Red (Belgian Brown Ale Brewed with Cherries - 8.0%)
Lindemans Framboise (Raspberry Lambic - 3.8%)

NORTH AMERICAN CRAFT BREWS_______
Final Weeks! Goose Island Reserve Pere Jaqcues (Abbey Style Dubbel - 9.0%)
Goose Island Reserve Matilda (Belgian Trappist-style Strong Ale - 7.0%)
Ommegang Hennepin (Belgian-Style Saison Farmhouse Ale - 7.7%)
Just Tapped! Lagunitas Brown Shugga (Holiday Brown Sugar Strong Ale / Barleywine - 9.9%)

UPCOMING DRAFTS _
Coming Soon! Samichlaus (Super-Strong Barrel-Aged Austrian Lager - 14%)
Coming Soon! Delirium Noel (Belgian Christmas Ale - 10.0%)
Coming! Brigand (Belgian Strong Ale - 8.5%)
Coming!
Surly Darkness (Russian Imperial Stout - 10.3% - 1 Mini Keg Only!)

Coming!
Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer (Aged Belgian Strong Dark Ale - 11.0%)
Coming! Ettaler Curator Doppelbock (Abbey-Brewed Bavarian Doppelbock - 9.0%)
Coming! Lindeman's Pomme (Belgian Green Apple Lambic - 3.6%)

FROM GERMANY
Weihenstephaner Weiss
Franziskaner Dunkel Weiss
Hacker-Pschorr Weiss
Schneider Hefe-Weiss
Aventinus Weizen-Doppelbock
Kapuziner Schwarz-Weizen (Bavarian Black Wheat Ale)
Kapuziner Hefe-Weizen

Ayinger Brau Weisse
Erdinger Weiss
Erdinger Dunkel Weiss
Schlenkerla Helles (Lightly Smoked Bavarian Lager)
Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel (Bavarian Dark Lager)
Mahr's Ungespundet (Unfiltered Lager)Uerige Sticke Alt (Dusseldorf Alt Beer, Flip-top Bottle)
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Augstiner Maximator Doppelbock
Kulmbacher EKU 28 Doppelbock

Augustiner Edelstoff Munich Helles Lager

Bitburger Drive (Non-Alcoholic Pilsner)

FROM AUSTRIA
Eggenberg Urbock 23 (Strong Malty Pale Lager - 9.6%)
Eggenberg Doppelbock Dunkel (Malty Austrian Doppelbock - 8.5%)
Samichlaus (World's Strongest Lager - 14%)

Steigl Pils

FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Pilsner Urquell

FROM POLAND_________ ____
Okocim Palone (Fire-Brewed Dark Lager - 5.5%)
Okocim Porter (Baltic Porter - 8.3%)

FROM BELGIUM __

Orval Trappist Ale
Westmalle Trappist Dubbel

Westmalle Trappist Tripel
Trappistes Rochefort 6
Trappistes Rochefort 8

Trappistes Rochefort 10

La Chouffe (Strong Pale Ale - 9%)
McChouffe (Strong Dark Ale - 8%)

Duvel
Delirium Nocturnum

Duchesse De Bourgogne
Gouden Carolus Tripel
Pauwel Kwak
Tripel Karmeliet
Kasteel Blonde Tripel
Kasteel Bruin Ale (Quadruple - 11%)
St. Bernardus Abt. 12 (Abbey Quadruple)
Saison DuPont Farmhouse Ale
Hoegaarden White Beer
Leffe Blonde Abbey Ale
Piraat Ale
Maredsous 8
Lindeman's Peche (Peach Lambic)
Lindeman's Cassis (Black Currant Lambic)
Lindeman's Kriek (Cherry Lambic)

FROM UNIBROUE BREWING, QUEBEC
Maudite (Belgian Style Dark Ale)
Don De Dieu (Belgian Style Strong Pale Ale)
Trois Pistoles (Belgian Style Oak Aged Brown Ale)
Chambly Noire (Belgian Style Brown Ale)
La Fin Du Monde (Belgian Style Tripel)
Ephemere Apple Wit Beer (White Ale Brewed with Apples)
Blanche De Chambly (Belgian White Ale)

NORTH AMERICAN CRAFT BREWS
_

Lagunitas Pils
Lagunitas IPA
Brother Thelonious (Belgian-Style Dubbel - 9%, 750ml)
Pranqster (Belgian-Style Strong Pale Ale - 7.6%)

North Coast
Old Rasputin (Russian Imperial Stout)
North Coast Red Seal Ale (American Pale Ale)
Goose Island Root Beer (Non-Alcoholic, Brewed with 100% Sugar)

AND...IF YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE BEER___ _
Miller Lite

Chef Paul's is probably only 5 minutes from my house. I'd meet up if there's interest.

OK, bumping this.

How does dinner on 12/29 work for everyone? If it doesn't then throw out dates that do work.

Cheesefood said:
OK, bumping this.

How does dinner on 12/29 work for everyone? If it doesn't then throw out dates that do work.

That would probably work for me. Just an FYI: Chef Paul's has limited hours during the holidays. That day they are open from 4pm to midnight.

Rhoobarb said:
That would probably work for me. Just an FYI: Chef Paul's has limited hours during the holidays. That day they are open from 4pm to midnight.

Hmmm...is that enough time? Last year it wasn't.

Cheesefood said:
OK, bumping this.

12/29 is the biggest UFC card of the year and I'm planning on having some people over for the PPV. So, I'm out for dinner, but anyone that wants to watch some MMA is welcome at my house that evening.

Saturday's in Dec are pretty much all out for me. Friday is much easier

Latest posts

Back