SNIZZLE-07 Dec 14th. Chef Paul's Bavarian Lodge, Lisle, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srm775 said:
... so Bell's re-entry in the Ill. marketplace may be short-lived.

Yeah, I noticed that on the list. Pretty sneaky! Bell's was Kalamazoo Brewing up until 2005 when they changed the name to Bell's. Guess we better try it while we can.

Nice meeting you all, it's now bed time.

Stupid traffic on 88 D:

Yooper Brewmistress said:
Don't you guys have any pictures to share with us?
As far as I know, nobody brought a camera. Pic's would have been nice.:(

Man, what a fun time. Thanks everyone for being so awesome. It's nice to let our wives know that there are at least 7 other guys who are as big of dorks as we are and that they have nice sig-others.

You guys all rule.

This summer we need to find a way to do something out-doorsy. Brewing Mane / Druckapalooza needs to happen. But if it doesn't, let's keep the Christmas dinner a tradition.

Yeah, I had a good time. Still didn't get a chance to try the Bell's amber, but oh well. It was nice meeting everyone.

We had a great time, too. I had my camera in the car and forgot about in completely! :mad: We slept in nice and late Saturday, so I ended up brewing Sunday in the frigid temps.

Thanks Cheese, for organizing this. I agree, we need to make this a yearly yule tradition.

Any one going to the Urban Knaves of Grain meeting tonight at Lunar Brewing?

Now that it's the new year ... any one up for a brew swap some time in the next 2-3 weeks? I have a vanilla bourbon stout and a mild on tap that I could share. I also still have a few 22 oz bombers of my belgian dubble and a few 12 oz of my cream ale.

I'm interested! I have some Hobgoblin and a Wee Heavy ready. Snakebone and I teamed up on a porter and a grand cru, but they're not quite ready.

Friday evenings are usually good for me, but I'm flexible.

Count me in. I have a Pub Ale, British Ale and an IPA on hand plus the brews Rod mentioned that will be ready in a few weeks.

Anybody else interested? Rod, you got a way to get ahold of Cheese to see if he's interested?

What's everyone's schedule look like. The first I could do it is Friday Jan 11 or 12. If it's a pretty small group, we can get together at my house or if anyone has another location idea I'm all for that also.

srm775 said:
Anybody else interested? Rod, you got a way to get ahold of Cheese to see if he's interested?

What's everyone's schedule look like. The first I could do it is Friday Jan 11 or 12. If it's a pretty small group, we can get together at my house or if anyone has another location idea I'm all for that also.

Ya, I can get in touch with Rob. Do we want to brew too, or just taste? Snake and I were talking about doing a little brewing soon.

rdwj said:
Ya, I can get in touch with Rob. Do we want to brew too, or just taste? Snake and I were talking about doing a little brewing soon.

Yeah, I could probably do a brew too. That might make a difference of where/when we get together, but I'd probably be game for that also.

The 11th would work for me - not the 12th. I can host for a brew-session, but the weather may not be friendly. I don't mind going someplace else either

I might be up for either one, depending on when. I have a holiday lager on tap that turned out great (IMHO) and FermentEd's DFH60 clone that just went into the keg. I might be up for a brew session. Whichever works. Some of it depends on what my doctor says.

I've been experiencing some physical stuff which is leading me to believe I might have adult onset (Type 2) diabetes. My mom was diagnosed a few years back. Going to be seeing the doc over the next few days to find out. So, for awhile, I may be a spectator rather than a participant when it comes to drinking.

Rhoobarb said:
I've been experiencing some physical stuff which is leading me to believe I might have adult onset (Type 2) diabetes. My mom was diagnosed a few years back. Going to be seeing the doc over the next few days to find out. So, for awhile, I may be a spectator rather than a participant when it comes to drinking.
Damn! It's hell getting old. Hope it turns out for the best.

I'd be up for a tasting/swap. I don't think I'll brew, but I'm willing to help anyone who does.

rdwj said:
The 11th would work for me - not the 12th. I can host for a brew-session, but the weather may not be friendly. I don't mind going someplace else either

I have an insulated garage and once the burners kick on, it can get pretty warm in there, so I'm willing to host also. Most of my equipment is fairly portable so I'm willing to travel too though.

Let's decide on a date first and then a location. Does the 11th work for everyone?

Where every we have it, I have several lbs of wings I'm gonna bring. I also have some other appitizer food I'll bring also.

Latest posts

Back