What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gin now, but we cracked a bunch of new homebrews last night at poker; wild brett wheat, my latest sour, esb, brett tripel, etc.

punkrockdave said:
Can you post a recipe?

If I had one, I'd post it. This one was just made up as I went, something like:
- bring up to a boil your favorite water. I use water from a local spring that was used ages ago by a local soda company.
- boil for 15 minutes
- let cool covered
- add to sanitized keg
- heat up 2 bottles of "just black cherry" juice
- stir in some type of sugar or splenda or whatever
- boil covered for 15 minutes to ensure it is sterilized (don't overdo the boil or it will foam and boil over)
-add to keg, mix it up, take a sample to taste for sweetness, adjust as needed.
- carb it up

A very green test bottle of my Kolsch. Not too bad for being a week in the bottle. Gonna try another one in a week and see if it's any better.

troegs flying mouflan, rouge yellow snow, jp calabeza, jp roja, skeeter pee, joam, berliner weiss, wit, all brett cyser, rye saison, and a bunch of yeast decants... i'm shot

Big Sky Scape goat pale ale-ok english style from a can, a pretty good offering for the outdoors though.Not something i would go-to too quickly though.Pretty decent.

Harpoon - Rich and Dan's Rye IPA

This is my first Rye IPA and it's not bad, the color is great but I prefer unadulterated hops. As it opens up the hops do come forward.

Ninkasi IPA. My a$$ is on vacation on the OR coast, ocean front room, hubby on the balcony watching the tide roll in... its a good time. :tank:

Victory Hop Devil. Much more balanced and drinkable than I was expecting. I figured it would be a bitter hop bomb, but it's very smooth with great hop flavor. Love the color on it. Deep orange and crystal clear.

Victory Hop Devil. Much more balanced and drinkable than I was expecting. I figured it would be a bitter hop bomb, but it's very smooth with great hop flavor. Love the color on it. Deep orange and crystal clear.

I actually noted the intense color of this and how it looked "mean". Its funny you mention the color too! Im not the only wierdo who notices that stuff!! :mug:

Patron cointrou margaritas on the rocks with salt " shaken not stirred" now for dessert Flying dog Gonzo imperial potere vintage 07 yeah baby!!!

Back