Fall/Seasonal Recipe Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnack

Reaction score
Fall is only around the corner and I would like to have a few seasonal beers on tap or bottled before the leaves hit the ground. I've been looking through the recipes and I feel there should be a "seasonal" forum instead of picking through all of them for something that could be fitted to whatever time of year it is.

Anyways, I just got my second full grain beer into fermentation yesterday and everything went pretty smooth. I plan on getting a keg kit this week for my 21st birthday and finally keg my first batch in 2 weeks or so.

Going back to my 3rd year in college, I want to impress my buddies with a few craft beers on tap throughout the year. I was looking into the sunset wheat lagar because it has such complex fermentation, and got me really excited about something serious. However, I feel it's too late in summer to enjoy the essence of that beer without the hot, hot heat. Looking ahead, I'm pretty committed to adding a pumpkin spiced ale to the list, and I'm sure there's plenty of recipes out there. What else do you guys believe to be a great Fall brew? Like I said before, I'm open to the idea of a lagar and I'm confident my engineering mindset will keep me focused on the details required.

~ T.Nack

Pumpkin is of course typical for fall, but I can only drink a few a year before I tire of them. Pecan or maple would work, either in a porter amber ale.

Oktoberfests, smoked beers. You probably do anything amber and call it a fall beer.

If you want to try you hand at lagering a Marzen recipe would do you well. It is also an octoberfest classic. Yooper has a nice simple Marzen recipe as well as the "Hoppy American Amber or Malty American Pale Ale." The latter was the last brew I made and it was excellent.

Back