Keezer/Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcara

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to build a Keezer from a chest freezer that will hold 4 kegs in it. I am planning on only putting in 3 faucets. Right now I am not if I need a multi-body regulator or how many bodies it would need. I am thinking 4 would be idea so I could set each faucet to a separate psi and use the 4th for force carbing another keg. Does this sound reasonable? Do you have any suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

That's the cool expensive way to do it :)

I have a 6 body 5 serving 1 carbing.

However you will have many people here tell you 2 (one high one low) is probably all you'll really need or 3 if you want a force carb one too.

I have 4 and more often than not all are set to nearly the same pressure. If I ever get around to setting up a portable system I'll probably rob a couple regulators out of the kegerator for it.

I'm getting by fine with one, but I only have 2 taps and don't plan on brewing wheat beers. Force carbing isn't an issue. I just turn off the line to the keg Im not force carbing at the manifold and turn the regulator up to 25 or so and give the keg I'm carbing a shake for 20 seconds or so. Wait a few minutes and repeat about 3 times then turn pressure back down to 10 psi and open up the other keg. It's been working well for me so far.

For your setup I think a dual body with a manifold on each would work fine.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips gives me a good idea of what I want to do.

Do wheat beers need require a separate regulator?
I plan on a ale or lager in one tap, and a wheat in the second. I planned on one regulator, but this got me thinking i may need two

I'm getting by fine with one, but I only have 2 taps and don't plan on brewing wheat beers. Force carbing isn't an issue. I just turn off the line to the keg Im not force carbing at the manifold and turn the regulator up to 25 or so and give the keg I'm carbing a shake for 20 seconds or so. Wait a few minutes and repeat about 3 times then turn pressure back down to 10 psi and open up the other keg. It's been working well for me so far.

For your setup I think a dual body with a manifold on each would work fine.

Latest posts

Back