Mead Eruption Accident

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I'm a bachelor this week with SWMBO travelling for business. James left to his own devices is seldom a good thing. First off, I need to get rid of the liver mush loaf I made (I actually didnt like it). Second I don't have any blonde women to shut me down when I go on a rant about something insignificant.

And finally, I made a JAOM style raspberry and guava mead. I had the fruit and the crap honey, and no SWMBO to ask if I really need another gallon jug on the bar.

Woke up to a sore throat that killed (I've really been kind of unwell for about a weekish now) at about 5am. Got water, went back to bed. Woke up running late for work (what else is new) only to see a missing airlock on the jug. So... either a) someone broke in and stole only the airlock (roving bands of rogue homebrew hooligans are so prevailant in Astoria)... or b) the airlock shot into the stratosphere of my apartment. Since I couldnt take the time to ponder either, I put a fresh airlock on and went to work.

I'm going to come home to a mess of yeast goo and raspberry ejaculates. So yeah, I feel like a clown. Ha. :fro:

Not sure if I cant wait for tomorrow when SWMBO comes home (I need a friggin hug) or if I'm dreading it, seeing as how she will inevitably find the one spot I missed when I clean.

*sigh* It will pass.

Back