Keezer Build - Something Different

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcraw88

Reaction score
Well I have officially started my Keezer build. It will be a 4 tap system, dual regulator made with an Haier 7.0 cuft freezer I found on Craigslist. Most of the construction will be taking place back at my uncle's in Kansas, while I live in Nebraska, so something that can be dissembled into simpler pieces is important as I do not intend on staying where I am not forever. I am going about things with ideas from the greats before me including Jester369, Hoppopotomus, and t3e871. These are the three I pulled most of my ideas from. Anyway, I will be using a base of 2"x4"'s to hold the freezer in position. As of now, the cabinet will be of Beech, but have not decided completely on this. There will be inlays (for lack of a better word) of bloodwood and purpleheart wood, throughout the build. I will be running 2 fans to circulate and cool the coffin, and haven't decided if I would rather have a dual stage or just have both the compressor and the fans kick on with 1 input. Anyone that has experience with this I would appreciate the input. I will also be trying something interesting integrated into the bar top. I intend to use to peltier coolers with copper coasters to have on demand cooled coasters. These will be powered by an old computer power supply. If you don't know these work by having once side get very hot, the other cold yada yada yada delta T works to cool them down rapidly. (The weird copperish colored squares on my model are these coolers. Any thoughts would be great on this setup. I will be placing an order with kegconnection soon, as they have the perfect setup I desire, and I have heard great things about them.

One more thing is bar top. Any suggestions? I am thinking stone and glass tile mixture, but haven't found anything I love yet. Thanks Guys!

keezer-complete-58294.jpg

keezer-complete-side-58295.jpg

*On the Coffin Side bloodwood pieces, they will be rounded down and not so "in your face" I just wasn't sure what I liked yet.

I am experimenting with them, but as of now my friend and I are going to have them individually switched so they won't run unless you want them, and have the heatsink/exhaust fan inside of the freezer. He is an electrical engineer so this is more of his little add in side project, but we are going to run some tests with them to see how much they would heat up the inside of the freezer. They are also being controlled by a current regulator each to control how cold they will get. This is my first experience with peltier modules, but the idea is interesting to me.

I messed around with a few to try to temp control fermenters. Down here in Florida they sweated like a fat guy at the beach. I even had one that was designed for liquid cooling with a sealed threaded end that went through the side of a pail.

I have seen them used in liquid cooling applications pretty often, but they just seem so inefficient to be anything other than something to look cool, which is what I intend for them to be.

Latest posts

Back