New years day brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friedclutch

Reaction score
I brewed my 3rd all grain batch today. Irish red. 6 gallons. :) this was a great way to get the year started. Anyone else not too hung over to brew? If you brewed new years day, what kind of beer and why? I am a noob experimenting with different styles.

I was planning on brewing but all the grain I had ordered wont be here until Thursday now.. Oh well..

I'm not brewing today because, well, it's my birthday. Too much birthday stuff to do and enjoy to even think about slipping in a brew day. I will be brewing this weekend though. Leaning towards another English Bitter, but if not I'm going to finally make that Amber Bock clone I've been wanting to do for a while.

Gl with your NYs brew!

Brewed a full bodied West Coast IPA today. I like IPAs and when it gets cold, a full bodied brew has more of a warming effect. Also, after the busy holidays, my supply line was lagging.

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Bob

I brewed a recipe from BierMuncher, one of the mods here called Captain Hooked on Bitters. It's a Red Hook ESB clone. Despite problems hitting my mash temp, every thing went pretty well. Look forward to tasting this in about 6-7 weeks.

2013-01-01_13-52-05_501_zpsd0d9411d.jpg

Nice pic. I was standing in my garage, in the cold, in a very similar fashion. I cant believe how much more propane I used in the cold weather. I want to do an ESB next.

I brewed "Happy Brew Years NWPA" I will be transferring tomorrow am into the secondary with an ounce of hops for dry hopping. Should be delicious.

Back