I finally made it to the garage!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Monday, cut hole in top of keg
Wednesday, Burner arrived
Today, got propane tank and moved operations to the garage!

Today I am brewing up the last of my extract before I go AG :) I just wanted to try out the new gear. The keggle doesn't have a spigot yet, still gotta build the mash tun. Today's brew is just a celebration of moving out of wifey's kitchen.

I 'm loving this! So that's what a real boil looks like! I've never had to turn down the gas before! :) ......And hey! why does it not mention anywhere on this site how hard it is to actually see inside the keggle? Huh? I need to get a flashlight.

Oooh this feels so much more manly than that cissy kitchen brewing! I think I've grown a third testicle in just the last half hour. It's gonna look like a bunch plums down there by the time this brew is over. :ban::ban:

Well, brew finished now. That was WAY easier and more fun than the kitchen!!....I wanna do another!!! Now! Now! Now!!! :D

Effing A! Congrats on the move!! Brewing in the garage is SO much better than the kitchen. SWMBO is off my ass about the smell, doesnt matter if you spill anything, and the dreaded boil over isn't as big of a deal. Plus what better way to spend a few hours in the garage than brewing/drinking HB. Cheers my friend :mug:

Effing A! Congrats on the move!! Brewing in the garage is SO much better than the kitchen. SWMBO is off my ass about the smell, doesnt matter if you spill anything, and the dreaded boil over isn't as big of a deal. Plus what better way to spend a few hours in the garage than brewing/drinking HB. Cheers my friend :mug:

Oh yeah! I have a drain in the centre of the floor here. I can lift out any bags and just plonk them down on the drain to dry some till I wash them later. no need to do all that kitchen-drip-catching crap. And If I boil over? Meh, so what? :)

Man, I'm soooo stoked to start AG now!

<----- wonders if he's talking about beer or everything in general

Everything in general, up to, and including beer.

In defence of my low standards, if I never had them I would have drunk less beer, slept with less women, and died of boredom in my twenties.

Ya gotta admit that it's true though. I've seen so many lives ruined by the training of mothers/society/religion/convention..... Enjoy life. Tomorrow is just a possibility, not a guarantee. ;)

Today I am brewing up the last of my extract before I go AG I just wanted to try out the new gear. The keggle doesn't have a spigot yet, still gotta build the mash tun. Today's brew is just a celebration of moving out of wifey's kitchen.

Oh.....My...God....The gnome brews?

That must mean that;

flying_pig.jpg

And

hell-michigan.JPG

Wow!!!!! Who woulda thunkit?!?!?!?!

I am also shocked. I had no idea. Next thing ya know someone is going to tell me that BK and Revvy brew too!

Hey waitaminute??? This is a site about brewing beer? Isn't that illegal or dangerous or something? Cantja go blind from drinking that stuff???

LOL.....

oh...what's this, my meth lab?!?!

brewcloset1.jpg

brewcloset2.jpg

Well played sir, well played....(I'd put a grin here, but I'm out of image room on this post.)

I think we need to see pics of the gnome brewing....

Gnome should drive his crazy British arse south for about an hour and learn how to brew AG with me this Saturday. :drunk:

Damn! If I can only convince the missus!!! I'm gonna work on this....tentatively....she has teeth in her vajayjay ya know. :(

Oh, so that movie was about her? Your wanker must be in terrible shape.

You're invited to come down. We'll be brewing starting at about 12:30 or so. If you can get a kitchen pass PM me and I'll get you contact information and directions.

Revvy: "Hey waitaminute??? This is a site about brewing beer? Isn't that illegal or dangerous or something? Cantja go blind from drinking that stuff???"

Beer??? Qu'est Que c'est?

You're invited to come down. We'll be brewing starting at about 12:30 or so. If you can get a kitchen pass PM me and I'll get you contact information and directions.

Thanks!! seriously! I would like to do that.....now, I wonder what wifey's plans were! ;)

edit: Oh! you are SWW of Mansfield! For some reason I thought you were up near Cleveland.

This makes me wonder, has anybody met the Gnome yet? Anyone?

OB, you must inform us all when/if you meet him.
BTW OB, your avatar is killing me at work. I need eyes in the back of my head to ward off the higher-ups.:D

I'm just as normal and maladjusted as anyone else here. Nothing to see, move along now....I'm so absolutely normal that I curse my normality. Even my webbed fingers are no compensation. :(

BTW OB, your avatar is killing me at work. I need eyes in the back of my head to ward off the higher-ups.:D

If it really is let me know and I'll change it. I certainly don't want to be responsible for anyone getting flack at work.

Hey, I just realized you changed your name and your avatar. You had me confused for awhile there.
I'm slow on the uptake, if you haven't noticed.

Oh crap...you mean this is the brewer formerly known as hbhaus? I thought maybe Hbhoss just moseyed along in to join the party...

Sheesh, you need to rfid all the members to keep track of em...

Hey, I just realized you changed your name and your avatar. You had me confused for awhile there.
I'm slow on the uptake, if you haven't noticed.

Just keep'n ya on your toes :D It's the last time, until the next time. ;)
Actually, this is it. I've found a combo that reflects me, for the most part. Sorry, should have warned you.

Oh crap...you mean this is the brewer formerly known as hbhaus? I thought maybe Hbhoss just moseyed along in to join the party...

Sheesh, you need to rfid all the members to keep track of em...
Really. Every time I see that avatar the theme song from Bonanza plays in my head.

Eric "Hoss" Cartwright [1959-1972], played by Dan Blocker
Hoss is a big man. He is the largest of the three kids and provides the muscle to the family. He is well known around the territory for his strength and huge size.

Although very large, he is very gentle and loving to his friends and family and is very polite to those around him.

He has a big appetite and can mostly be found hanging around the kitchen stealing food from their Chinese cook Hop Sing.

I'm not clean shaven though. And not quite as big. :)

Sorry to divert the thread. Glad to hear you're going AG.

Yeah we all knew Hoss, and we love him dearly. Is this a new ploy from you to gain a little rub off love? (Rub off love, I'm gonna trademark that phrase. ;))

I finally got my old garage walled in last month. Nice being able to brew without yellow-jackets dive-bombing the kettle.

I've only done a couple batches inside on the stove. Got two propane tanks now.

Latest posts

Back