Difference in 425SS and 525SS perlick faucets????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the market for two new perlicks and have come across some pretty good deals. Do any of you own 425SS or 525SS perlicks and if so is there ant difference in performance, sticking etc?

Thanks

As far as I know, the difference is about 100... :D Ok, seriously though, I have 3 of the 525ss and I really like them. Easier to clean than the chromed ones and less buildup of mold. Also, my SWMBO always freaks out about non-SS stuff touching the beer so it's nice to have that. Anyway, I can't really compare to the 425ss since I don't have those, but I do like the 525 much better than the chrome ones.

Thank you for the advice.....I know that the difference is in the purity of the steel mix but the perfomance is what counts.

By the way, does anyone have a place they recently bought some for a good price?

Thanks
Joe

I have both, The 425s disassemble a bit more which seems like they'd be easier to clean, but its a moot point as the 525's so rarely requre cleaning.

If you have some lulls between your pours (say a few days to a week) either are a godsend. No more un-mucking your taps!

I have both, The 425s disassemble a bit more which seems like they'd be easier to clean, but its a moot point as the 525's so rarely requre cleaning.

If you have some lulls between your pours (say a few days to a week) either are a godsend. No more un-mucking your taps!

This is exactly what I needed to hear to justify the price and replacement of the cheap-o taps I hae now....THANK YOU!

I had the 425s and sold the kegerator. I am now building a keezer and had the 525s before I had the tower. I won't pour beer any other way. I NEVER had a sticky tap issue.

I have 2 525ss on my tower now. UPS just came with 2 more 525ss for my keezer build. I got them from kegconnection.com. I believe they had the best price on them. I think they were $29.00 each.

abernat....thanks for the help. This was the cheapest overall....got some muslin bags and whirlfloc and 2 faucets for 64.00!

Thanks again
Joe

Back