Drinking And Bleeding...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
So I had one homebrew at dinner and decided scince I had a stressful week I'd pour myself a little Knob Creek on the rocks. I took one sip and started getting the three year old ready for bed. I was helping him brush his teeth and nealt down to put something away in the bathroom, and when i stood up... wham!!!

I put my hands on my head an stood there for a minute. I took my hands off and noticed blood, a good amount of blood.

So now I'm sitting here typing with one hand and holding a washcloth on my head with the other. The gash is at least a half inch long, but I don't think it needs stitches. I really don't want half of my head shaved tonight. :D

Ouch!!!! you poor mofo!!!!Probably a concussion too!Tell someone what happened and have them keep an eye on you dude.Hope you don't have to engage the health care/emergency room system.It can be worse than the injury/illness.
Cheers:mug:

Yeah, the story lacks "coolness" but it still wasn't my idea of finally having a relaxing night at home. I feel like such a retard. :D

A little update. It has almost stopped bleeding, and on second inspection, it's about an inch long. I'm not going to the hospital, but man do I now have a headache.

Vermicous said:
I am amused that your response to a head injury is too tell us all about it.
My wife was more worried than I was. And the three year old took it in stride. after brushing his teeth he said that he had an owie on his head and needed medicine.

Besides, I don't really want to go anywhere tonight now, especially the hospital. I thought the Drunken Ramblings section would be the perfect place. Homebrew, Hard Alcohol and Head Injuries. The three H's. What could be better on a friday night! :drunk:

I'm pretty sure that we instituted a rule, in response to Walker's medial issues back in the day, that HBT was *not* a substitute for proper medical attention...

When I do stuff like that, the first thing I usually do is look around to see if anybody was looking! And if there are children present, I try not to teach them any new words.

It was a built in shelf, and I hit my head on the corner.

The three year old was present but didn't learn any new words.

I think it might need stitches...

Too late. They won't stitch up drunken injuries unless you come in within about six hours or so. Uh, so I've heard...

Well, no stiches. Yes, I found out about the 6 hour rule, but it wasn't necessary. Just a big scab on my head...

Well, we're related then even tho we didn't know it. My station was carrying a local high school football game this afternoon, and long story short I nailed the open door of the front of the pressbox with my noggin. Bled a good amount, made sure the PBP guys finished the game, and am now drowning my long-ass work week and stupidity in beer. About an inch long as well. Screw it, it's only a scar. :drunk:

Cheers man. :mug:

Ize

Back