Fix Flat Keg Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
So, I had a party planned on Sat night and expected 45 people. Picked up a 1/2 barrel of SA Oktoberfest figuring it was a safe bet for everyone. Well, the weather here in CT didn't cooperate and the turn out was much smaller than expected.

The keg was tapped Sat afternoon into Sun morning with a hand pump. I disconnected the tap Sun morning when I woke up and it has been cold since. I just tapped it again and there was a ton of pressure but no foam and the beer is flat. (The beer is shooting out really fast and creating a head, but no foam and the head is gone quickly.)

I'm guessing that there is nothing I can do but figured I'd ask! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I should mention... Unfortunately, I still bottle my homebrew and have no C02, hoses, etc from a kegging setup.

If you pumped air into the beer via a hand pump, it'll be no good so you might as well drink it today or throw it out. :mad:

I will do my best! :ban: Hey, having power on after 4 days off is a reason to celebrate. Maybe my neighbors can give me a hand. Otherwise, I guess it's toast. I better get to work!

Yep, grab some friends and get it finished off quick.

Even if you got your hands on a co2 system, you've already used a hand pump on it so the beer now has a very short shelf life left no matter what you do.

Back