Very sad morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
My dog died this morning. First and only dog I have ever had, he was my best friend. 10 1/2 year old chocolate lab named Buster that was given to me when I was 14. I loved him more than any person I have met.

Just needed to get this out somewhere...

so sorry for your loss. I just lost my dog a few months ago and it's tough. Hang in there

My thoughts are with you and I am truly sorry for your loss---I like dogs much more than people sometimes-- they are always there for you-We lost are dog Shasta last year at it still makes me sad.

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard to lose a great companion, and I am saddened for you.

I hope you have lots of pictures, and even though you'll miss him it'll be really nice to look back at those pictures someday soon and remember him.

Sorry man, that's a tough thing. I
'll drink one of my best for him today. RIP Buster.

That's tough. I put one of my greyhounds down last month after almost ten years. I'll raise a pint for Buster at the Chapel Pub this afternoon.

I am sorry for your loss. I am of the opinion a dog's devotion is one of the best examples of unconditional love. I will also drink a toast to Buster's memory this afternoon.

heart goes out to you when lost my chk lab was crushed still use Jim in my internet name like this one

I'm sorry about your dog. The only time my wife had to help me walk home from the bar was the night I put my old dog down. I was sitting at the bar crying like a little girl! She was a great dog though.

Very sorry for your loss. Dogs become part of the family, they love us unconditionally, are so happy to greet us every time they see us, they really are man's best friend. Hang in there brother.

Thank you all for your kind words, I very much appreciate it and they definitely help.

My sympathies and empathy after losing your friend. My childhood golden retriever/lab Cheyenne was with me from kindergarten well into college and I know how bad it stings.

So so sorry for your loss. Our choc lab Guinness is my best friend. I can imagine what you are going through as we have gone through the same thing several times. I will hoist a few to Buster and all of our best friends.

Sorry to hear that. Losing your dog is really hard. Our 13 year old Sheltie died a year ago this week and we still miss her. Dogs are your best friend; they never get upset and love you, no matter what foolish thing you just did (better than many people).
Think of the good times; you made his life better and vice versa.

Man I hate hearing about this stuff. I am sorry you're faced with it.

Time to go wake my lazy mutts up and give 'em a big hug.

Sorry to hear that friend. We put our 16 year old border collie down this past summer. Just about the toughest thing I've ever had to go through.

It will get easier.

Im sorry for your loss… that has got to be really rough. Our pup is a little over 2 and I cant imagine the day that he is taken from my wife and I, or anyone else who has been within sloppy kiss length away from him! They truly can be better family than some humans, even if they’re greatest physical talent is being able to slurp up your spilled beer in less than 20 seconds!

My wife always says this quote (and I usually always make fun of her for repeating it) but it is absolutely a testament to man’s best friend:

"There is that famous test about how to determine who loves you more, your dog or your wife (husband): Lock your wife (husband) and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour, and then open the trunk and see who's happier to see you." - Billy Collins

I will raise a pint in Buster’s name tonight as well!

ooooooh puppy......... I am going to spend an hour laying in the sun with my 6 year old puppy girl. thanks for saying it loud, honoring the memory of a beautiful creature.

Back