Why am I Mesmerized by My Airlock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeneyed

Reaction score
This is our 3rd batch.
1st AG. 1st 10g batch.
And 1st time using a starter.
Brewed yesterday, and within 3 hours of pitching we had activity.
This morning, the airlock looks like a machine gun. Probably 5-8 bubbles a second. Neither of our other batches fermented this vigorously.
Of course the more we a learning from everyone here (thanks everyone), the more we are doing thinks right. We now have a fermentation chamber that is set on 68f. This is Safale-05, is this an ok temp?
But I can't seem to help being drawn to the rhythmic beating of the airlock. It has been this way for every batch so far. Does this go away? Should I seek help? Or should I just pay my dues and re;ease myself into y'alls society?

That yeast range is 59-75. I usually ferment at 60-65. Its a pretty clean yeast. You are probably fine at that temp. I just haven't tried it. The reason I ferment cool is to avoid blowoff waste.

Who isn't mesmerized by their ailocks? I have made more than 100 batches and I still am.

Alas....the bubbles even can't keep my short attention.
I reckon the starter did it's job, and I had a rapid, aggressive fermentation.:rockin:
I guess it is time to brew something else to appease my fancy.:mug:

Back