What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a case of Winter and Holiday Ales from the BeerYard in Wayne. I am sampling a couple tonight.

So far, thumb's down on the Otter Creek Raspberry Brown. The raspberry flavor came through nicely and was obvious to be real not extract but I disagree with the malt chouce for the Brown portion. A little unbalanced. Needed a touch of sweetness to bridge the base and toasted malt. Maybe some crystal 60.

I had a Flying Fish IPA on tap earlier that was very very good but it had a slight sourness to it? Am I right here? Also the IBUs were not as high as I was expecting.

Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale...

WOw pretty damn good...never heard of it before, bought a mix sixer today at the bottle shop and it was the only IPA in the mixer fridge..I bought two and I'm glad I did...

I also drank tonight 2 August Schell beers...their vienna Lager...nicely malty with a decent hop back...and their apa...pretty good as well.

Just returned from the local sushi joint with SWMBO and my SIL and her husband. I brought:

- Saison DuPont
- Rodenbach Grand Cru
- Duchesse De Bourgogne

Stopped by the local beer shop (Lukas Liquor) on my way home from the bulk grain pick up.

The MIL gave me a gift certificate there for Christmas (man I love that woman). Picked up some Bluebird Bitter, Some various Scottish Ale, a few Wee Heavy's, Some local IPA's and a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. All 22's.

Got home and onloaded and decided to give my "Left Nut Ale" a sample since it's been on the gas for a whole 24 hours now. Awesomeness is the only way to describe this one...but more on that later.

I'm just finishing the Dead Guy (in my HBT glass) and it is very nice. My first. Kind of like a kicked up, fruity amber with some wheat malt in there. Sweet. Slightly spicy. A medley of fruit with some (slight) banana. A very nice beer. The yeast (don't know what it is) really seems to play a heavy role with this one. I like it.

...oh...wait.......just finished it.

Hmmmph. Okay...going to go put another log in the fireplace and peruse my commercial haul for my next "experience".

Stone 11th Anniversary, now a year and a half later. From a growler refill at the brewery.

The hops are really dropping out of this now. I had it a few months ago and it still tasted like an IPA. It's now like a big brown ale with a little citrus hop flavor. It's still good, just really different.

If anyone still has bottles hanging around and wants to drink it while it still resembles an IPA, you should probably drink it soon. I still have a couple bottles, I think I'll still hold on to them for a while. :D

Stopped by the local beer shop (Lukas Liquor)

Ihateyousohard.

I miss Lukas. I can't wait for another excuse to hit K.C. so I can bring home another box full of good beer. I would quit my university job just to work at a Lukas. It's like... beer heaven.

... Going to sip a Victory Hop Wallop, then move over to the High Life. I'm almost out of homebrew *and* almost out of cellar beer, so I'm trying to only have one nice beer a night, so as I don't run out. :(

I ballparked the numbers... I think I spent about $60 last month on IPAs alone. Stupid hop fix, why do you cost so much to feed?

I've got to get the brew station operational again. My last non-infected batch was the 999, which is still (still?! still!!) on its yeast cake. I need to try the infected Bitter to see if it's any good for drinkin'.

Leinies Fireside Nut Brown. This stuff kicks ass!! :rockin:A nice caramel like malt, enough hop to balance it, but the nutty character it has is out of this world. This stuff is something I wish they had more of and I wish it wasn't a seasonal brew.:(

14956.jpg

Bluegrass Brewing Co. Nut Brown Ale

Thanks aekdbbop! :tank:

BBC is some decent stuff. I occasionally get kegs filled when I am in Louisville. $30 to fill a sanitized corny - hard to brew an IPA for that sometimes.

I have about 6 gallons of a test Blonde that I have to get rid of, so I can filter my NEW (Kick A$$) Blonde into. I am thinking of feeding it to my lawn just to make room.
Sucks when you have more beer than you have room for!!!!!

I have about 6 gallons of a test Blonde that I have to get rid of, so I can filter my NEW (Kick A$$) Blonde into. I am thinking of feeding it to my lawn just to make room.
Sucks when you have more beer than you have room for!!!!!

That just means its time to throw a party :rockin:

Oh yeah, I had a Chimay Blue and am now drinking an ESB...only the Chimay can really help silence the screams from the baby though

Drinking a bottle of my friend Sean's homebrew raspberry stout (so good) and eating some ravioli (good as well).

08 Cider- had to pull a pint off the keg that's cold conditioning. Crisp and dry with emerging apple character. Another 6 months, and this will be un-freaking-believable.

I'm about to crack open...

Pliny.gif
:ban::ban::ban::ban:

-edit

And it is totally awesome!

From a 0.5L bottle purchased at Hi Times Cellars in Costa Mesa.

Aroma is thick with hop oils, musky, like I stuck my head in a bag of Cascade or Centennial.

Golden yellow with a fluffy off-white head.

Flavor is again bursting with hops, orangey pine, resiny. Amazingly the malt still balances and is not over the top.

Clean and dry with some lingering bitterness that is quite refreshing. Not over carbonated.

Just about the best Double IPA I have ever had.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale Extra IPA! New release this year in bottles, although I've had it several times at the pub over the past few years. I guess they run the beer through a giant torpedo-shaped hopback of some sort. I dunno, makes a good beer! Not too much hop aroma, but a nice hoppy flavor and dry finish with sharp carbonation. Tomorrow(today?) night I'll be going to the pub with Caspio for some sampling at the pub for some new offerings.

On the list is: Dark Saison, 8oz Filet Mignon w/ Imperial Smoked Porter, Casked Torpedo, ESB. And yes, the SWMBO is going to be the DD :D!

DSCF0023.JPG

Unrelated pimpage: :drunk:
DSCF0010.JPG

Latest posts

Back