Something odd happened...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esp

Reaction score
So I brewed up a batch of beer a two weeks ago. I used a Wyeast smack pack (1028). The bag didn't blow up at all, but I figured I'd pitch it anyway. Nothing happened for about 2 and a half days and then it started to slowly bubble and a thin Krausen formed and so I thought "Great!". Two days later bubbling had stopped. I thought to leave it for a few more weeks, just to be sure. Then last night I open my beer fridge and its bubbling away again, but I noticed a white....thing part of the krausen/yeast rafts. The krausen is clean and foamy looking otherwise. On the side of the carboy is something clinging to the glass. I'm curious as to whether I should be concerned because of the start/stop fermentation?

So I brewed up a batch of beer a two weeks ago. I used a Wyeast smack pack (1028). The bag didn't blow up at all, but I figured I'd pitch it anyway. Nothing happened for about 2 and a half days and then it started to slowly bubble and a thin Krausen formed and so I thought "Great!". Two days later bubbling had stopped. I thought to leave it for a few more weeks, just to be sure. Then last night I open my beer fridge and its bubbling away again, but I noticed a white....thing part of the krausen/yeast rafts. The krausen is clean and foamy looking otherwise. On the side of the carboy is something clinging to the glass. I'm curious as to whether I should be concerned because of the start/stop fermentation?

Anticipated OG/FG? Actual OG/FG? Only true sign of stuck fermentation is actual FG >> anticipated FG.

Back