Partial Mash Recipe help – IPA, Pale or ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horses_n_Brew

Reaction score
I need some help with suggestions for a partial mash recipe IPA, Pale, American, etc to use up some extra ingredients.

Here's what I have on hand:

Maris Otter Pale Malt - 15+ lbs
Pelleted Willamette - lots
Whole Simcoe - 1 oz
Amber DME - 0.4 lbs
Light DME - 0.2 lbs

Not trying to use everything, just utilize what I have. Have a good LHBS for any extras.

So far I've knocked out a Rauchbier and two American Ales. Would like to do a hoppy IPA. Dry hopping and multiple hops additions don't scare me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Horses N Brew

how much grain can you use in this PM? the easiest thing you could do is just a SMASH of MO and Willy. Bitter to what you want, then 1+ ounces at 10, flameout, and dry hop

Not a lot of DME. Might be better used to make a few starters rather than just throwing it into a batch just to use it up.

+1 on doing a smash if you are able.

I have been using DeathBrewer's Easy Partial Mash directions, and my grains max out around 8 lbs. I can always get more DME, thats just what was left from the last couple batches

SMASH sounds like a good way to get a better handle on flavors and character. I am running BeerSmith so I can adjust as needed.

Thanks!

Horses N Brew

Latest posts

Back