Ricki Lake and Trisha Yearwood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halbrust

Reaction score
I was caught having an affair about six years ago. One of the stupidest mistakes of my life.

Just the other night my wife and I saw a commercial for the new Ricki lake show. I said that Ricki Lake looks like someone else but can't figure out who (meaning another actress or celebrity).

My wife gives me a long nasty answer about how she thinks Ricki Lake looks like the person I cheated with and that the same thing occured last month when I said something about Trisha Yearwood.

Trisha Yearwood looks nothing like Ricki Lake! And neither of them look like the person I fooled around with. The only thing Lake and Yearwood have in common is a nose resemblance, and the other woman doesn't have a similar nose.

I ****ed up and I accept I'm still paying for it six years later. But when she pulls things ouit of her ass saying someone looks like her is annoying. Besides, it's not like I said Ricki Lake was cute. Just that she looked like someone (and if I thought she looked like the other woman I sure as **** wouldn't have mentioned it!)
ricki-lake.jpg
rbk-trisha-yearwood-1-0410-MED.jpg

Tell her the reason you cheated on her in the 1st place was due to the fact that she wouldn't shut up. OK, DON'T tell her that, she might go Lorena Bobbit on you when you're sleeping; but you can THINK it. :D
Regards, GF.

Now that you've posted this, I suggest you learn how to clear your browsing history, because I do not want to see your name on the evening news (Or more accurately, on a news website. I just don't want the news on TV anymore...)

Yeah, you'll never live it down, but then she has to look at you for the rest of her life and know she's been cheated on, so I think it evens out.

Anyway, I think the thing about those two pictures that sticks out as similar is the fact that neither of them have a real smile.

That picture of Yearwood makes her look sort of like a man... I'd have to give the edge to Ricki on this one. Plus I dig brunettes, so she has that going for her.

So was this cheating like a one-night stand, or an extended affair? How did you two know each other?

I ****ed up and I accept I'm still paying for it six years later. But when she pulls things ouit of her ass saying someone looks like her is annoying. Besides, it's not like I said Ricki Lake was cute. Just that she looked like someone (and if I thought she looked like the other woman I sure as **** wouldn't have mentioned it!)[/IMG]
The only solution is to pull out the picture of the other woman (that you, of course, keep on you at all times), just to prove her wrong.
yup what he said, you phucked up, or did you? A mistake? A mistake is when you cut a 2 x 4 too short.
HA!

I will never look at Ricki Lake the same after seeing her butt naked giving birth in a bathtub. It was from a documentary about midwives on Nextflix, incase you need to see it for yourself.

*edit
The documentary is called "The Business of Being Born".

I was caught having an affair about six years ago. One of the stupidest mistakes of my life.

Just the other night my wife and I saw a commercial for the new Ricki lake show. I said that Ricki Lake looks like someone else but can't figure out who (meaning another actress or celebrity).

My wife gives me a long nasty answer about how she thinks Ricki Lake looks like the person I cheated with and that the same thing occured last month when I said something about Trisha Yearwood.

Trisha Yearwood looks nothing like Ricki Lake! And neither of them look like the person I fooled around with. The only thing Lake and Yearwood have in common is a nose resemblance, and the other woman doesn't have a similar nose.

I ****ed up and I accept I'm still paying for it six years later. But when she pulls things ouit of her ass saying someone looks like her is annoying. Besides, it's not like I said Ricki Lake was cute. Just that she looked like someone (and if I thought she looked like the other woman I sure as **** wouldn't have mentioned it!)

My $0.02, for whatever it's worth:

A coworker of mine recently went through a similar wringer. Got caught, admitted it, wife moved out and eventually filed for divorce. He immediately (like the day after she moved out) started seeing a counselor, and talking to his pastor. She all but refused to do couples counseling. After 3-4 months, she eventually moved back to town, but was renting a house on the other side of town. They slowly started doing things together, and eventually she moved back home. But she had never dealt with her emotions, and 6 months later, he's living with his grandparents, 30 miles away. He finally convinced her to not only go to couples counseling with him, but also see a counselor on her own. And it wasn't until they BOTH had dealt with all of the buried emotions from the affair that they were able to finally move on with their lives.

If you have been infidelity-free for 6 years, and your wife is still bringing it up every time you comment about a woman... methinks she has never dealt with it herself and some time on a therapists couch would do her (and you) some good. Good luck figuring out how to suggest it though.

Back