Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barnwood Brewery

When the wife and I finished off our basment last year we did all the finish work in , and built a bar out of ,old barnwood from a fallen barn.

I am wanting to open a BBQ restaurant and I am going to call it Big Drew's BBQ and Brew. My logo has a picture of a pig on it so I was trying to keep with the pig theme, so my wife came up with Crazy pig brewery. So now if I open a restaurant it will have a microbrewery serving Crazy Pig's brew.

Mine would be Hurt Brewing Company. Hurt is my last name (literally! lol). I'm not set up for lagering right now, so I added the sub-nomer 'Buzzard Breath Aleworks'.. the way I feel after a pint or ten.

My first stab at a label design, so be gentle... lol

hbc.jpg

Mine is Fallen Angel Brewery

It comes from a photo my wife did that came out well.

Mine is Lazy Donkey - Because if I could, I would sit on my ass and drink beer all day.

Back Breaking Brewery - a very uncreative way of saying I'm soar as hell the day after from scrubbing the equipment in the bathtub and hauling it all around the tiny apartment.

What I wouldn't do for a double laundry tub raised to the proper height...

Still working on a name, but have thrown around "Noe Clue Brewing Co." with some friends.

Since my last name is Noe (read: no) and still today when I meet people they continue to try to think of new things that include my last name.

Still working on a name, but have thrown around "Noe Clue Brewing Co." with some friends.

Since my last name is Noe (read: no) and still today when I meet people they continue to try to think of new things that include my last name.

Change that - Noe Name Brewing Co. :mug:

A friend of mine and I are to open a pub in 5 years or so, we have started the first steps, but its a long process (especially in my town in alaska). we decided it would be great to brew our own beer, maybe set ourselves apart a little bit, and we both love beer.

i volunteered for the beer brewing job, so thats what im working on now. over the next year i'll step by step be working on more complex home brews, while i study some pre-req classes to get into a brewers program, to learn the art of microbrewing. between then and when the pub is finally ready to open, i'll be trying to find work in the field, and just absorb all that i can.

We dont have any dreams of grandeur, but selling beer locally, and having the only real Pub in our town of 18k should be ample product/service to keep us in business. (adding 1 million tourists visiting a year helps our chances dramatically)

also have 2 friends who went to culinary school, so proper food would really set us apart from the rest...

anyway we have only mentioned one name for the pub, and one for the beer co. "the 12th step" and "KGB" (Ketchikan Gateway Brewers)

Mine's pretty simple. My last name is Tubb, so Hot Tubb's Brewing seemed pretty cool. Nothing better than naming my brewery after a name that everyone loved to make fun of! :D

I thought about many names for a winery years before I ever started making wine. Given my many years of miitary service I always thought I'd go with a miltary theme, but that's not how it worked out.

When I finally started making my own wine a few years ago it was in our new house, which my wife had dubbed the Lake Grove Cottage so I called my winery the Lake Grove Cottage Winery.

I started making mead around Christmas last year and wanted to put that under a different name. I have always had this spiritual connection to my hereditary Celtic roots and am fascinated with dragon's and all the magic that conjures up so I called my mead line Dragon's Lair. A few months ago I started the process of getting licensed to go commercial and figured that I would eventually move out of the house and it would be easier to market under one name, thus Dragon's Lair Country Wines and Meads.

Brahm Brews? Brahm Brewhouse? or Brahm Brewery what sounds better??

Brahm is letters of my family's first name.

Bambi
Ryan
Adisyn
Hunter
Mason

My nickname is Headcase, So it kinda just seemed natural to name my brewery Headcase Brewery". :drunk: My friend who is a graphic designer is working on the logo.

I started thinking of names a few months ago when i first got started into this hobby. I had about 4 or 5 of them picked out but none of them won we over. one night have a few brews it came to me. Rad Brewing Co.
named after my favorite movie RAD I have seen this movie over 300 times. All brews (extract and all grain) will be named after characters or locations in the movie. I know it's taboo to rename extract kits but I don't care. I will give credit where credit is due but I will rename them with better names. examples
Cur Jones Ale
Helltrack Apfelwein
Mongoose IPA
#33 porter
etc, etc

These are no names I am using as of yet but just examples. I do know that Helltrack will be the name for the apfelwein tho.

Back Deck Brewery......because the first batch I made was on the back deck..... just kind of stuck.....now I have the Back Deck Tavern (basement bar) which has exclusive serving rights of all brews made at Back Deck Brewery.

My "brewery" name changes every five minutes... can't really think of one that sticks... I guess I'll keep trying... :D

I'm with you on that! Every time I come up with something that works even a little, I end up thinking it would be a better name for the beer itself rather than the brewery...

-Tripod

Going off an idea from an earlier post - to use an anagram of your name. There's an addicting website that anagrams anything you put in, wordsmith.org.

A couple from mine that came up, "Avian Diddler," "A Land Divider," and one including my middle name: "Inward Dividend Ale."

Dancing Head Brewery

Last name is Head, wife likes to dance...this was settled on after two nights of vigorous drinking amongst us and our closest drinking buds.

Atomic Donkey Brewery

My bands name was Bomb Atomic Donkey. So one of my former band mates and I decided to use Atomic Donkey. Nothing too ground breaking in that story.

Off the Wall Brewery

B/c my very first batch blew the lid off the bucket in primary and exploded kreuzen all over the wall in my brew closet. You can still see where it was, and I'll never forget the phone call from my frantic wife after it happened. It was a fierce, 90 Min IPA clone, and I learned a valuable lesson... blowoff tube.

:)

It was going to be J.W. Brewery after my girlfriend and my first initials, but turns out there is one somewhere in Europe. We just did a mash of our last names and its now Vandenske Brewery.

My last name, Campbell, means "Crooked Mouth" in the old country. Figured that fit pretty well for a brewery.
Funny enough, my mother's maiden name "Cameron" means "Crooked Nose"....

Wump Brewing Company

Friend and I went in half and half. Part his name.. Wag.. part mine.. Hump= Wump

My friend Greg and I went in together on this brewing venture, everyone tells us we have a bromance going on... the rest was history :tank:

Back when I started brewing there was a surf clothing company named Local Motion. I just changed the name to Local Potion for my beer since it doesn't get any more local and the recipes are my 'potions'.

My in-laws were rambling on about something or other (I wasn't paying attention), and my brother-in-law came out with the word 'Klunkholm', in reference to the non-alcoholic beers produced by Munkholm. I thought it was a great name for a home brewery.

My friends and I love the Three Stooges and especially the episodes with the beer. They called it Panther Pilsner but we always called it Panther Piss. My wife has a poodle, so the name became "Poodle Piss Brewery".

I have been using Witchy Hilltop Brewery as I live on Witchie Drive, on the top of the hill. I'm getting a wee bit tired of it though and since my wife breeds Chihuahuas I was contemplaing Kleiner Hund Alehaus (Small Dog).

Another idea that occured to me was something along the lines of Overflowing Ark Alehouse- we have 8 dogs full time, four cats, eight birds, two prairie dogs, a water monitor, and thrity snakes or so (we've had over 150 snakes in the past plus lizards, ferrets, a vampire rabbit, flying squirrels, poison dart frogs, butterflies and who knows what else)..

Any thoughts?

Back