Springfield Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
Has anyone on here been to Springfield Brewing Company in Springfield, Missouri? I just went there for the first time and had their Hip Hop Opus 2. I really liked it, but our waitress was new and couldn't tell me much about it. Just curious if anyone else in HBT was more familiar with it.

I've been there a few times last year, they had great beer and great food. Their Head Brewmaster is Ashton Lewis who writes an article for BYO magazine as Mr. Wizard. I'm willing to bet that if you e-mail him through the magazine he will start you on your way to a close copy. Try [email protected]

I have friends who used to live in Branson and we would fly into Springfield. We never hit any breweries in Springfield but it can't be too bad since the head brewer is Mr. Wizard.

I'm bumping this thread because I haven't been able to get a response from Ashton aka Mr Wizard. I did have a brief chat with one of the owners, and he said it is dry hopped with Summit. And it seems like I read somewhere that it features Columbus as well. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to chime on in.

Back