Wheat malt grist pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diegobonatto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for some wheat malt grist (after milling) pictures. I would like to adjust my corona mill in order to get a wheat grist adequate for a hefe. in this sense, a picture of wheat malt milled will be very useful for comparison.
I try to find some pictures of wheat malt grist in HBT and google without success.
Any help is welcome!

Man, you're a day late!

I brewed a weizenbock yesterday with 50% wheat.

Milling wheat sux! The stuff is hard!

Also I took almost a 10% efficiency hit with wheat making up over 50% of my grain bill.

I now have either a "light" weizenbock, or a "heavy" dunkel?

diegobonatto said:
a good shot of grist will be helpful.

That's what she said. Bada bing

My Milled wheat looks mostly like flour with 30% chunks in it. Sorry no pic. Maybe you can post a pic of yours for criticisum.

diegobonatto said:
Have you observed a drop in your brewhouse efficiency when you use wheat malt milled as you described?

No but I'm not doin 50% either. Maybe 30%.

jma99 said:
Man, you're a day late!

I brewed a weizenbock yesterday with 50% wheat.

Milling wheat sux! The stuff is hard!

Also I took almost a 10% efficiency hit with wheat making up over 50% of my grain bill.

I now have either a "light" weizenbock, or a "heavy" dunkel?

Didn't you say it jammed up on you? What mill you using?

I'm using a JSP Maltmill, powered by my trusty old Dewalt drill.

Great workhorse!

It handled the wheat OK if I started the mill, THEN added the wheat, a bit at a time.

With the hopper full of wheat, it just bound up. This is more a factor of my drill than the mill, IMHO.

First time I ever jammed up the mill.

Hello people,

Bumping again this post....I put a picture of my wheat grist.
What you think?

P1020211.jpg

Back