Primary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuel

Reaction score
If i want to make some wine from grapes does the must have to be all juice from the crush grapes or is the juice from the crushed grapes mixed with water and sugar? What is the ratio of water to crushed grapes juice if needed?

get a brix meter too check the sugar level of the grape, or just stomp a bunch of them and check the gravity, the more water the lower the gravity, the more grape juice the higher the gravity....you will be needing a pretty large amount of grapes to make 5 gallons without sugar.....good luck.

Typically I only add water to crushed grapes that are too acidic. You can do this by taste or get an acid titration kit.

If you add water, add sugar too.

Honda88 said:
get a brix meter too check the sugar level of the grape, or just stomp a bunch of them and check the gravity, the more water the lower the gravity, the more grape juice the higher the gravity....you will be needing a pretty large amount of grapes to make 5 gallons without sugar.....good luck.

I want to make it with sugar and grapes, any tips on how should i do it?

Back