Thermometer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPORT546

Reaction score
So I managed to smash my floating glass thermometer that came with my starter kit. Accidentally set my chiller on it during clean up. I'm getting ready to start AG brewing and thought it would be nice to get a digital one with a probe so that I can monitor the mash from the outside of the cooler. I installed one on my converted keg for my HLT. Edit: So dont need one for my HLT All that considered any suggestions?

That last sentence confuses the hell out of me, but otherwise I think you could pick up a thermometer (analog, not digital) and the bulkhead fittings to fit your cooler from bargainfittings.com for pretty cheap. I've got one ordered but for now i just have a digital cooking thermometer/timer stuck down in the mash with the lid on as tight as it will get. It's got the probe and a lead coming out of it to the display showing the temp, and the desired temp, and a timer and all that so you can get your data without opening the cooler.

No real budget just not insane. I dont really want to drill the cooler. I'm trying to keep my stuff so that it can be returned to its original state if I want to upgrade or change things later.

Back