What do I need to Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I finally want to venture into kegging. Here is what I have:

1 refrigerator
1 Co2 tank
1 dual gauge regulator. (leftovers from a kegerator.. )

I know I need a corny keg but what else? Nobody really sells set-ups if you already have a tank and regulator. I appreciate the help :mug:

You might need a tapper to dispense the beer :)

I would also buy extra gaskets for all the fittings because they are easily lost. Kegging, for me, was the best investment I have made in all of the hundreds to thousands of dollars I have poured into this hobby.

You might need a tapper to dispense the beer :)

I would also buy extra gaskets for all the fittings because they are easily lost. Kegging, for me, was the best investment I have made in all of the hundreds to thousands of dollars I have poured into this hobby.

thanks for the quick reply but I'm kinda looking for specifics. Like x amount of this type of line for your co2. That type of thing.

My lines are about 3 feet long. I keep them within the fridge. I don't have a line running out to a tap on the outside of the fridge.

You will need gas line from your regulator to a manifold if you have more than one keg. That length will depend if you decide to have your air tank outside or in the fridge. Then gas line from the manifold to each keg. Usually between 3and 5 feet.
beverage line...10 foot for each keg.
taps, either picknic taps or faucets. If you go with faucets, you will also need shanks and tail pieces for each one.
hope this helps.

An easy solution would be to go to some place like keg connection. Just pick a set up from what they offer. Contact them and tell them that you need whatever set up minus the regulator. They'll do it. Basically all of their set ups come with everything you don't already have with the exception of the regulator. That way you know you have everything. CO2 tanks and kegs are always optional add ons with their kits.

+1 JJL

Keg Connection is a great place to buy your stuff and they will help you tailor your requirement to what you already have on hand.

here is what I bought:

KegConnection.com Items
1 Draft Party Faucet, Sample Faucet, Plastic
2 Cornelius Keg (or Firestone), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock "B-GRADE"
1 O-ring set for Cornelius Style Keg, 5 piece
1 O-ring Lubricant, Food Grade
1 MFL Dis-connect set with swivel nuts (2) Ball Lock with 5/16 gas, 1/4 liquid
5 Gas Hose, Red, 5/16 ID, 9/16 OD, Per Foot
12 Beer Hose, Clear, 3/16" ID X 7/16, Sold by the foot.
1 Worm Clamps - Stainless Steel - Choose Your Size! (1/8" to 9/16")
1 Oetiker Clamps - All Sizes - Choose Your Size!
1 Oetiker Clamps - All Sizes - Choose Your Size! (15.7)

Back