sanitizer in ABS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble finding anything long enough to put my spoon and auto siphon in to sanitize them. I was thinking that I could get a piece of 3" abs cut it to length and use that to put my longer items in. Do you think that leaching would be an issue in the couple of hours I have sanitizer in it on brew day?

I use a Wallpaper tray. 4 bucks at my hardware store....

104851_front200.jpg

(I know that's not the answer to your question about abs, but it's what I use.)

I had read about the wall paper tray here and bought one it's about 4" shorter than my spoon and auto siphon. The bits sticking out the end are like a magnet for my children........Maybe I should just buy a couple of ropes to tie up my kids with.

I haven't been able to get starsan here. I wish I had remembered it when I was in buffalo last week. definitely getting it next trip. I've have been using the spray bottle but it worries me a little that I'm not getting the contact time to sanitize it. I also like the idea of just tossing it in a container and then pulling it out when I need it again.

I had read about the wall paper tray here and bought one it's about 4" shorter than my spoon and auto siphon. The bits sticking out the end are like a magnet for my children........Maybe I should just buy a couple of ropes to tie up my kids with.

I haven't been able to get starsan here. I wish I had remembered it when I was in buffalo last week. definitely getting it next trip. I've have been using the spray bottle but it worries me a little that I'm not getting the contact time to sanitize it. I also like the idea of just tossing it in a container and then pulling it out when I need it again.

That's odd, my autosiphon fits fine in the tray I got, so does the biggest spoon I have...hmmmm

That's odd, my autosiphon fits fine in the tray I got, so does the biggest spoon I have...hmmmm

Damn you Americans and your bigger everything! One more item to look for when I'm in buffalo. Wallpaper tray is 22.25" my spoon is 27.5" and my auto siphon is 28.5. Maybe we just have bigger tools in canada ;)

Well it's true they are bigger in America

Back