kegs and temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
So I have a few kegs in my kegrator and would like to take one out that still has some beer left in it and replace with a new one. My question is how will the garb level and beer flavor change if at all in the one I want to remove and store at around room temp for about 2-3 weeks?
Thamks for your responses and help!

Is there anyway you can bottle it ? but to answer your question.. IMO.. You will def. lose some carbonation, due to the temperature rising.. beer accepts more co2 at lower temps and releases it at higher temps.. can you re-carb ? sure.. will the beer be exactly the same? no, but it won't be bad.. just flavors won't be as balanced... again, this is stuff that I have encountered in almost similar situations... So if somebody else has hard facts, chime in..

It'll be fine. When you pit it back in the fridge, give it overnight before you start drinking it again.

I do it all the time, there's really no issue with doing it at all, unless you have a leaky keg you won't lose carbonation, and the flavour will change only because the beer is aging.

Back