Brewing in Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmasters Warehouse

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I have been reading for the last few days and I have learned a lot from all of the postings. I have been brewing since I got a kit for Christmas, and I am already addicated to home brewing. I have even started to try all sorts of commercial micros just to get a feel for what I like to drink. Anyways nice to be here, and brewing.

It is too late to say No to Coke. I can not live without Coke in the morning, afternoon, and evening. I used to live in the Quad Cities. Thanks for the welcome.

My mother in law works at the arsenal. I moved because my wife wanted to find a job, and there are more jobs in Atlanta then in the quad cities. I really liked living there, and we will probably move back once I get my CPA license and I am ready to start a firm in the area. At least that is the current plan. We have lived here for almost 4 years now, and the south has really grown on me.

Hi, welcome. I am from Avondale Estates, just ITP. I have posed the question before, and I will again since I have the attention of the Atlanta area brewers: Is there a good LHBS near Atlanta? There seems to be one in the 'burbs in every direction, but I don't want to have to take a day off work or kill a Sat/Sun to visit.

We should keep this thread going:mug:

Beerrific said:
Hi, welcome. I am from Avondale Estates, just ITP. I have posed the question before, and I will again since I have the attention of the Atlanta area brewers: Is there a good LHBS near Atlanta? There seems to be one in the 'burbs in every direction, but I don't want to have to take a day off work or kill a Sat/Sun to visit.

Beer Necessities in Alpharetta is going to be your best bet. There is one on the south side but he closes for the month of May and part of June...

Brewiz said:
Beer Necessities in Alpharetta is going to be your best bet. There is one on the south side but he closes for the month of May and part of June...

Yeah I have heard that is a pretty good shop (probably from you). It is just a bit of a drive for me. I would have to take a half day off work to go there and back and avoid traffic. Do you know if it is open in holidays? Maybe I can get up there on Memorial Day. It is hard, I want to support the local business but it looks like their prices run a bit higher than I can get online and the drive will cost me more than shipping in gas.

Beerrific said:

http://www.beerinfo.com/atlbeer/homebrew.html

Wine Craft
5920 Roswell Rd.
Atlanta, GA
in Parkside Shops
404-252-5606

Looks to be inside the perimeter but you could probably get to

Home Brewing Supplies
535-D Indian Trail Rd.
Lilburn, GA 30047
770-638-8383

just as fast if not faster.

It use to take me 45 minutes to go from Decatur to the Buckhead area of Atlanta 25 years ago. That's less than 15 miles I averaged 3 mi./hr. You can sit at red lights (15 red lights @ 2 minutes per light = 30 minutes just sitting or Move on the interstate 30 minutes @ 60 MPH = 30 miles.

look at it this way you probably have an easy daily commute while us suburbanites fight nightmarish traffic everyday of the week at least the traffic is a little better on the weekends. But be sure to check with the DOT before you hit the interstates.

abracadabra said:
http://www.beerinfo.com/atlbeer/homebrew.html

Wine Craft
5920 Roswell Rd.
Atlanta, GA
in Parkside Shops
404-252-5606

I have been here. I bought a better-bottle and some corn sugar from them, They have a lot of beer stuff but I am very skeptical of the freshness of their stuff. Hops are stored on the shelf and they have big bags of grain that have probably been their for years. It looks like they specialize in wine and just carry the beer stuff to get more business. It is kind of pricey as well.

abracadabra said:
Looks to be inside the perimeter but you could probably get to

Home Brewing Supplies
535-D Indian Trail Rd.
Lilburn, GA 30047
770-638-8383

I have thought about going here. Someone here said that it might be going out of business. Probably will check it out someday.

abracadabra said:
look at it this way you probably have an easy daily commute while us suburbanites fight nightmarish traffic everyday of the week at least the traffic is a little better on the weekends. But be sure to check with the DOT before you hit the interstates.

You are right, 20 minute ride into midtown everyday. I guess I shouldn't complain if I hit a little traffic going to the 'burbs to buy beer stuff.

Thanks.

Just Brew It/Aardvark Brewing Supplies
103 Rainbow Way
Fayetteville, GA
888-719-4645
770-719-0222
Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri 11-6:30, Sat 10-6,

Doug has a good selection of fresh grains, keeps his hops in a refridgerator and has a good inventory. He's helpful and friendly most of the time.

But like Brewiz said he's closed the entire month of May because business is so slow. And I'd call before going out there in June.

Brewiz said:

Looking at mapquest for LHBS in Alpharetta. I'd say Doug's store in Fayetteville may be a little closer to you if you take 278 out of Avondale to 285 then 85 south to 138.

Southside traffic is lighter, the rent is cheaper and his prices may reflect that. Don't know as I've never shopped the Alpharetta store.

Back