March pump head mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to slip a small bulkhead (1/8" I'm thinking) between the head and motor of the March-809 pump? Since it's magnetic drive, I was thinking that this /might/ be possible, and would allow me to keep liquid separate from electronics.

If you make it a wheeled cooler, with a PID controller, then yep. That's exactly what I'm doing, and why I was wondering.

It'll work just fine. All you need to do is drill five holes and reassemble the pump with whatever you are mounting it too.

Perfect. I wonder if it should have a gasket....
Maybe just seal the edge with silicone, or something.

+1 on no gasket.

The liquid is always contained inside the pump head (which has it's own seals).

Are you interested in doing something like this?

As long as your "bulkhead" is between 11 and the motor you will be fine. Might want to slide the magnet (14) out the thickness of the bulkhead to assure perfect factory alignment as well. No gasket needed unless you want the motor side completely water tight.

Just don't make the mistake and intstall the pump and motor thru a plastic container or tool box that has a taper on the mounting surface causing the motor and pump magnets to not be in a straight thru alignment of both shafts. This happed to a friend of mine with the pump locked up plus lucky the magnet didn't split apart.

Back